Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

From the Geelong Board just after their Prelim loss -
“They did but they will lose by 100 (and darcy fort will be a losing player in a GF i never thought Id say that) so theres not much consolation. We at least could have troubled sydney a bit whereas they have a walkover now.”
Some posts don’t age well.
“Walkover?”

If you go back to the GDT on the main board for our round 6 loss v Geelong, there's some great calls in there.

One of my enduring memories of Froggy and granted it is one of the most recent and there are a few but that kick in the GF to McCluggage in the opening quarter was ridiculously good and not many players would have attempted it yet Frog nailed it.

Wasn't it McCluggage to Lester?

Edit: Seems like it was covered earlier. Carry on!

It's hard to beat the 2018 Tigers game where we scored 17 points for the lowest point. At least we eventually scored 65 points in the Pies game
Yeah but in that Tiges game we were going alright for a while...

Attachments

• IMG_3256.jpeg
    IMG_3256.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
Yes. It was probably the turning point of the Grand Final. We'd started quite well but were still 11 points down, and up to that point we'd arguably lacked a bit of dare coming out of our back half. That kick changed everything and the floodgates opened not long after.
Feels weird to call a first quarter kick a turning point, but it represented our dare to win.

It felt to me from my birds eye view that the Swans didn’t take any aggressive kicks, simply chipping away with no dare. It only worked for that Rowbottom goal.

Maybe we need to post the speculation about next year in a best team 2025 thread rather than denigrate any of our 2024 premiership heroes who helped deliver a drought breaking premiership with a near perfect performance in the big dance.

Hoping we do have a 5 man bench next year, it will advantage us as we will bat so deep if all our acls come back well.

I think there’s other threads to discuss what you want. Your points may be all valid, but this isn’t the thread.

I have skipped a lot in the last couple of pages as it is the usual back and forth, just enjoy a premiership win for goodness sake.

But I am quoting this post because, I mean, are you going to change your name from 44 to 24.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back