Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You can see Nathan just itching for Cal and Froggy to drop off a bit so he can finally be proven right when he missed the train in he first place .

It's over. They were both absolute guns in a flag year and Cal particularly won us finals games . End of story.

Talk about putting words in someone's mouth

Lester had a couple of patches this year when he offered quite a lot on the rebound. Nobody expected that.

Also his lack of defensive ability cost us several times this season as well. And it's not putting words in people's mouth when it was clear most didn't see him as best 23 next year when it looked like we weren't winning the premiership this year

Yeh I’m not sure what the point of slagging our players who just won us a premiership is. The thread is to discuss the GF and all its glory. Not who’s going to be dropped next year because they didn’t kick 4 goals in round 1.

The problem is people misinterpret saying anything slightly not positive as slagging off

Talk about putting words in someone's mouth

Lester had a couple of patches this year when he offered quite a lot on the rebound. Nobody expected that.

Also his lack of defensive ability cost us several times this season as well. And it's not putting words in people's mouth when it was clear most didn't see him as best 23 next year when it looked like we weren't winning the premiership this year
I don't care what most think. He's an integral part of the team. He was someone who stood up the best he could when we got belted ,he was brilliant at times.

Let's not pretend his finals form was consistent with the home and away season.

I think it was the GWS or Collingwood losses late in the year was an absolutely abysmal game

Will be interesting which players drop out of the side early next year without the finals motivation

Cal Ahchee is the glue that holds our forward line together

I've always thought of Ah Chee as a handy Mr Fixit who would come into the side and display good form for a few games and then go off the boil, so to speak. I still think that will end up as his role but we will all celebrate that run of career best form for a long time. Agree with the above, he will get to start next season as locked in. Others will have to chase his spot now.

Edit. Good discussion by the way.
Pretty good summary.

I support the Baltimore Ravens in the NFL. Our QB, Joe Flacco, put together one of the all-time playoff QB runs to win a Super Bowl back in 2012 - as in, top 2 playoff runs ever. The rest of the time he was roughly a league average starter, including after that Super Bowl win.

Ah Chee just put together one of the all-time finals series for someone who wasn't already considered a star. It's not hyperbole to say we won the premiership on the back of it. Is he going to return to being a handy Mr Fixit who would come into the side and display good form for a few games and then go off the boil, or is this his new normal? If he reverts - he'll be back to being that 23rd/24th player. If he doesn't, well absolutely fantastic and he'll be one of the first picked every week. But we won't know until next year whether there's a new normal here or not.

Didn’t Lester come 6th in the B&F? Must have had a few good games.
I dunno what anyone's thinking. Lester's been awesome all year. And last year I believe.

People here also pretending Ah Chee could still be the player they always imagined he was when that perception was wrong in the first place.

Opportunity in a role he's very good at + full fitness and the confidence and self belief that you could see building during the season and exploding in the finals.

He'll probably never be that good again in the graveyard position he plays but his capacity is still much underrated. You can't fluke most number of goals and score involvements across 4 finals for a Premiership team plus being instrumental in shutting down the 3 most potent backmen in the opposition from the HFF. In a row.

Just watching the SF last quarter replay and still goosebumps watching Joe kick those winning goals, what a legend🤩
Love his first goal he was so emotional that I’d never never seen before, then when he kicked the sealer he was like “yep, that’s how it’s done”. Gives a little nod to the crowd as if to say “that’s me done, that’s how I roll”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

giphy.gif

Oh boy can’t wait to read this last half page of the post match thread where we won the premiership! Surely all positive vibes here!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cal Ah Chee and Ryan Lester are premiership players. Enough said. How awesome and what a deserving title for each.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back