Training Pre-Season 2025 - (Pre-pre-season?) - Road to Flagmantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Because emotionally it doesn't feel good to concede that what has been holding our team back thus far is inexperience and bad luck. A much more simple, and therefore compelling narrative is that one person is responsible, and they are responsible for a specific socially-stigmatised trait like being fat.
He's not responsible for our collective failure to kill the ****ing pig.

He is a lardyarse though. God bless him.

I understand that some very fit folk can still be quite adipose but you can forgive the tendency to believe - when he is running around with dudes with ricockulous rigs and is in a very small group of AFL players with a wobble-belly - that Bubba isn’t as fit as he could or even should be, because he is undeniably carrying fat.

I reckon he’s great as he is, but I do believe that his knees will appreciate not having to be hammered by an extra couple of kegs that he just does not need to carry.

(Please note I too am a tall man who loves tucker and was very fond of a beer or two thousand. You get those bugger grips and they're hard to shake. [Well, that's wrong. They shake all by themselves. What they are is hard to lose.] There is no denying the amount of work Sean quite plainly does and how strong and magnificent the big bastard is. Truth is you work that sort of stuff out not on the paddock or in the gym but in the kitchen. Or the rubbedy. Stop eating entire cows and sinking all the piss, Sean.)

Speaking of ricockulous rigs, Freddy should hire himself out to medical schools. He's like a living Grey's Anatomy. Those insta pics of him and the Don are nothing but advertising and they should be paying the club. This is what's available this summer, people. Form a disorderly queue.

Am I the only one a little bit worried we’re playing the Indigenous All Stars? I’d hate for any of our key players to get injured in a game that won’t take us to a flag. 😅
It’s just another preseason game.

Instead of playing another team, we get an exhibition match.

It’s just another preseason game.

Instead of playing another team, we get an exhibition match.
And one that won't contain bottom-half-of-the-list style players looking to earn extra points by running through the oppo or burying them in tackles.

I'd be more worried by the opposite effect on our prep (and not very).

And one that won't contain bottom-half-of-the-list style players looking to earn extra points by running through the oppo or burying them in tackles.

Yep, should be like an All Star game ... let's entertain and show our skills but look after each other.

Think it'll just be an opportunity to give more players a go over three games tbh. Hopefully it means a youngster or two can push into the squad for the first official Pre Season when Bolton, Pearce, Walters etc. are back under consideration. It can only help if we get through the game without injuries and suspensions IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not exactly the perfect thread for this but why is the indigenous game the all stars vs Freo? Was that a club decision? An AFL decision? Is it because of our proud indigenous history?

Am I the only one a little bit worried we’re playing the Indigenous All Stars? I’d hate for any of our key players to get injured in a game that won’t take us to a flag. 😅

I think it is a positive for the club.

Also, rumour has it that a father of a former player once pointed the bone at the club. I believe the curse will be lifted once we play this game.

Remember the old less than 8% bf or you can gtfo? Those were the times. Nowadays they don't even list the weights of players because of body shaming. Holy hell.

But the whole world hasn't gone crazy. Take this example from the subcontinent. Their standards might be slightly different to our old regime but at least they have standards.
Screenshot_20241022-220928.png

It's less than 35% bf or you can GTFO!

It's fair enough too. I've batted with enough fat bastards to know they're not running two unless they've hit it. No quick singles unless they're facing the last ball of the over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre-Season 2025 - (Pre-pre-season?) - Road to Flagmantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back