Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The after glow of winning is as good as the loss last year was devastating.

I was doom and gloom right up to and even during the season.

But the win has erased that and the last month has been pure fan heaven.

We got one, I watched it with my kids live, Fages got one, Zorks and lachie got one. Simply incredible.

I honestly still think sometimes ‘did that really happen?’

8 years, genuine rebuild and one of the greatest AFL flags ever won too.. in terms of over coming adversity and the story.

Best thing ever…

Michael Marshall has the SEN, 3AW, ABC and K-ROCK (Geelong) radio calls on his Youtube channel

Includes pre match and post match - easy to sync to the replay on the AFL website

Love the 3AW call but props to the K-Rock boys for their unabashed favouritism for their South Barwon boy in Forty!!!!!!!

Michael Marshall has the SEN, 3AW, ABC and K-ROCK (Geelong) radio calls on his Youtube channel

Includes pre match and post match - easy to sync to the replay on the AFL website

Love the 3AW call but props to the K-Rock boys for their unabashed favouritism for their South Barwon boy in Forty!!!!!!!

Just watched the every goal clip. Twice.

How good is this story.

Fagan the only coach to go from wooden spoon to premiership.

What a legend.

4.40 to go in the third quarter.

Sydney - Campbell I think- had the ball.

Kicks from the half back line to their no 27. Dunkley spoils the mark and runs past 27.

27 turns to collect the ball. Lester runs in and 27 is standing tackled by Lester. The ball spills and heeney (5 right?) joins these two.

Lester holds 27 and grabs heeney. As heeney takes possession Lester releases 27 and takes heeney to the ground forcing ball up.

Peak Lester - playing on two, nothing flashy, all in a day's work to win the contest. Whatever it takes.

Injury is the only way he won't be playing round 1 next year.

Attachments

• 20241028_163504.jpg
    20241028_163504.jpg
    854.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 20241028_163515.jpg
    20241028_163515.jpg
    838.1 KB · Views: 22
4.40 to go in the third quarter.

Sydney - Campbell I think- had the ball.

Kicks from the half back line to their no 27. Dunkley spoils the mark and runs past 27.

27 turns to collect the ball. Lester runs in and 27 is standing tackled by Lester. The ball spills and heeney (5 right?) joins these two.

Lester holds 27 and grabs heeney. As heeney takes possession Lester releases 27 and takes heeney to the ground forcing ball up.

Peak Lester - playing on two, nothing flashy, all in a day's work to win the contest. Whatever it takes.

Injury is the only way he won't be playing round 1 next year.
Love Froggy. Heart and Soul player who stuck it up all the nitpickers this year.

Just for a different perspective I totally get nearly everyone here going into raptures , revelling in the afterglow , watching the replay multiple times ,whatever. It's everyone's to enjoy.

For me the GF is often an anti climax. The most enjoyable part has been the journey ,. The times we played crap , the miracle wins , the young players who emerged and the older ones who gave more than you thought they had in them.

As a supporter I don't get any feeling of euphoria or self contentment. I'm just happy for the players and coaches who worked so hard and get to experience those feelings because they had a direct part in it.

The one feeling I won't miss is my disappointment for the guys who have given their all and not quite achieved their personal and team goals. Like 2023. But because of that they would've got a special buzz out of 2024.

Love Froggy. Heart and Soul player who stuck it up all the nitpickers this year.

Just for a different perspective I totally get nearly everyone here going into raptures , revelling in the afterglow , watching the replay multiple times ,whatever. It's everyone's to enjoy.

For me the GF is often an anti climax. The most enjoyable part has been the journey ,. The times we played crap , the miracle wins , the young players who emerged and the older ones who gave more than you thought they had in them.

As a supporter I don't get any feeling of euphoria or self contentment. I'm just happy for the players and coaches who worked so hard and get to experience those feelings because they had a direct part in it.

The one feeling I won't miss is my disappointment for the guys who have given their all and not quite achieved their personal and team goals. Like 2023. But because of that they would've got a special buzz out of 2024.

The gf actual game isn't why I rewatch. It's because as I watch it I remember all the emotions of myself, the glimpses we've had of player and staff emotions, the sounds of crowd (fellow nutters) over the past 15 years of our membership.

I'm reliving the euphoria of the wins in those year's when the stadium felt empty, where we read every online story in the car on the way home (back when there were multiple sources) where we rewatched the game.

I've wondered before how another gf will feel in the short term, maybe I'll be more meh like you then.

But right now I'm still cycling through 15 years of supporting this team and it's players. Feels bloody good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last one - this is lohman and motty helping fagan to stand up after the group photo. Made me laugh. Affectionately.

Wonder how many premiership coaches have had the young guns assist them to stand before.

Attachments

• 20241028_181357.jpg
    20241028_181357.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back