07-08 fixture announced

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm concerned. With an ODI involving Australia, will anyone go to the Test? The last few Tests at Bellerive have had poor turnouts, and there ahs been a big gap. If nobody turns up this time, it might be Bellerive's last Test match.
Any season with a sixth Test might see the extra one played in Canberra, or more likely, two in Sydney.

The TCA is 1/6th shareholder of Cricket Australia (correct me if i'm wrong) so therefore should have an equal amount of games. Which we all know didn't happen last summer. Sydney- 1 test, 3 ODIs (All Australia) and a 20/20 match. Hobart 2 ODIs (1 Australian). Tasmania has the right to a test match just as much as any other state.

Equal amount of games? That never happens any summer. Not for any state. Never has, never will.

The simple fact is, if the crowds don't turn up and money isn't made the game will be taken away from Hobart. The first Test there was only held in 1989; and pretty much sold out the first four days. Since then the ODI crowds have been OK (and very good for a small city), but since the first time Australia played an ODI there the Test crowds have been disappointing at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

07-08 fixture announced

Remove this Banner Ad

Back