NFL (08/09) Super Bowl XLIII: Pittsburgh Steelers vs Arizona Cardinals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (08/09) Superbowl XLIII: Arizona vs Pittsburgh

FWIW, I thought that last play was clearly an incomplete pass. Woodley did hit his arm when the ball was still going back but he still had control of it when it was coming forward.

I would dispute he had control.

The ball was moving in his hand as he started to bring it forward. I reckon it would have been called a fumble on review but that's not the point - they should have reviewed it.

What a game! Found myself yelling at the TV on more then one occasion.

I'm shocked there was no review, but Warner did himself no favours, he had to get rid of that ball quicker then he did.

But yeah, one last play and the Fitz man would've made himself an immortal.

I'm sorry but you had a vendetta against the refs/steelers from the get go. I was going for AZ but the refs had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Really it came to the successful franchise beating the franchise with no history but failure. AZ were the better team on the day but when it came down to it there D choked on the last couple of plays

That is utter tripe. Any ref worth his salt should have picked up the illegal block on Tim Hightower on the pick for a TD, he was about to tackle Harrison, so the refs attention would have been on the runner and surrounds. In a game decided by 4 points a blown non TD call was rather big.

It has nothing to do with franchise history, a ref is paid to make the big calls in the big games, period. They didn't.

that final Steeler drive was indeed magnificent, Big Ben showed his class. Holmes TD reception was a cracker!

And that would make them different to Australians?

We are the biggest bandwagoners on the face of the planet.

I think the Koreans are a pretty good match for us Aussies, though you are right. I took a lot more interest in this match due to Benny Graham, we also share the same name by the way. I'm as parochial as the next Aussie, or Korean for that matter! :D

On a side note, Hines Ward for anyone unaware of his history is half-Korean, half-African-American and overcame a lot of hardship to get where he is. He's a good bloke as he's done a lot to raise the profile and help mixed-race Koreans back in Korea who, along with non-Koreans, are discriminated on a daily basis. He comes back regularly, has a charity and helps out disadvantaged kids. He's a top bloke and great role model.

NFL followers will tell you that this season has been plagued by poor officiating decisions and blown calls. Its fitting that the SB finishes the same way. One thing it will do is make sure that Goodell and the head office will have a big review of officiating over the off season.

NFL followers will tell you that this season has been plagued by poor officiating decisions and blown calls. Its fitting that the SB finishes the same way. One thing it will do is make sure that Goodell and the head office will have a big review of officiating over the off season.

not if you heard Goodell's comment on officiating this season just a few weeks ago. claims it's been fine and no overhaul or review needed. pfft.

Just got back from the Brighton Hotel. Was pretty packed which surprised me. I was pissed off at 95% of the people going for the Cardinals though. Why did everyone want Arizona to win? Because of ****ing Ben Graham?

Just got back from the Brighton Hotel. Was pretty packed which surprised me. I was pissed off at 95% of the people going for the Cardinals though. Why did everyone want Arizona to win? Because of ****ing Ben Graham?
Any you expected different because...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the worst teams to make a SB, and given little to no chance to win it made me get behind them. Benny was an additional bonus.:p

not if you heard Goodell's comment on officiating this season just a few weeks ago. claims it's been fine and no overhaul or review needed. pfft.

I think this may just change his mind. There is going to be a massive storm in the US media over the refereeing.

For me this was a rare SB in that I really didn't care who won.

Found myself rooting for the Cards when they got behind and in the end I was hoping the Steelers won.

I think this may just change his mind. There is going to be a massive storm in the US media over the refereeing.

i hope youre right. goodell doesnt seem like the type to bury his head in the sand over controversial stuff (spygate, vick, other nfl scandals), so hopefully he actually does something.

Ripper game by all reports - I will be keen to watch it tonight. I was cheering for the Cards but not because of Graham - I like cheering for the underdog.

Seriously, I would love to go a Super Bowl one day, even if my team isn't in it!

Could not agree more. I usually find the NFL is one of if not the best officiated sport going around, this season has been an exception.

JB Holmes would have been the villain if he didn't make that last catch, he let the ball slip through both hands on the previous play.

JB Holmes would have been the villain if he didn't make that last catch, he let the ball slip through both hands on the previous play.

Yep. After watching the replay of the first attempt I thought you poor bastard if they lose.

He got a shot at redemption and boy did he take it. Brilliant catch. Probably even tops last year's effort from Tyree.

on that last Holmes TD....two interesting things....1) the cards player extending his arm up kinda pulled it away as the ball approached....and 2) with the new rules in play this season that you can knock a player out of the sidelines as they catch it and it wouldnt be a TD/catch, those other two cards players should've just bull-rushed Holmes as he caught it, trying to knock his momentum off balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back