Kicks: 9​
Handballs: 7​
Disposals: 16​
Marks: 4​
Frees For: 1​
Tackles: 1​
DT: 58​
CGTCN Ranking: D+

Notes: I felt that Newy's opening round wasn't fantastic. His hair was nicely done and he looked the part, but multiple positions looked to confuse him a little bit. He looks OK up forward, but is playing a little bit like a defender up there.
Round 2 (vs St.Kilda)
Kicks: 11​
Handballs: 4​
Disposals: 15​
Marks: 7​
Goals: 1​
Behinds: 1​
DT: 74​
CGTCN Ranking: C

Notes: Newy had a better game. Could have kicked a goal at half time which would have made the crowd irrupt knowing it was his first goal of the season. He really should have put it through too. I was tweeting during half time to @Richmond_fc who was quite please with @CGTCN. That's a positive.

Newy also had some effective disposals and looked a little bit more comfortable on the wing and around half forward. I wouldn't mind seeing him play a little bit deeper towards the end of quarters.

BF Criticism Level: Moderate. Some users are saying he should be dropped for some other clown/s. Disrespectful.

Round 3 (vs Western Bulldogs)
Handballs: 8​
Disposals: 19​
Disposal efficiency: 78.9%​
DT: 61​
CGTCN Ranking: B+

Notes: Newy's best game of the season yet. Started very will especially where his disposal by foot had to be noted. I say this because his 40-50 metre passes were fantastic. Really carved up the Bulldogs from disposal from centre half back to wing. Disposal efficiency was 78.9% like I've shown above but still doesn't put him into the top 10 Tiger players on the night.

Still keeping it neat even though the match has finished, the former skip. Definitely trying to show that he is more mature but still able to keep up with current trends.

BF Criticism Level: What a difference a week makes. He is even getting a couple of votes here and there in the match day voting thread which is exciting. The people still looking at the disposals column obviously dont have him in and neither do the tabloids, but thats to be expected.

Round 4 (vs Collingwood)
Kicks: 5​
Disposals: 12​
Contested Possessions: 7​
Disposal Efficiency: 100%​
Marks: 2​
DT: 37​
CGTCN Ranking: D

Notes: From his best game the week prior, to his worst game of the season. We're only four rounds in and he is the oldest member of the team. I'm not concerned and neither should you. At 100% efficiency, he's doing something right. He, along with Chaplin were the only two Tigers to get these numbers.

Otherwise, he struggled a little bit to find the ball. Not sure, at this point in time, his constant movement around the ground and in different positions is working. He's fatiguing a little bit as a result.

BF Criticism Level: Moderate again this week.. and rising. Again, it doesn't take long for people to start criticising and calling for your head in this day and age. Back when Newy was a tacker, that wasn't the case. Now with Gen Y and Z, you're gone if you haven't tweeted in the last hour.

Round 5 (vs Fremantle)
Kicks: 8​
Contested Possessions: 4​
DT: 49​

Notes: I thought this weeks match was on par with last week as his worst game of the season. I felt like the wide open spaces of Subiaco would have suited his game. With Morris out, it meant that Newy had to spend time with Ballentyne. He started well early, I thought and Ballentyne had little of the ball and wasn't causing us problems. At the end of the day though, he did cause problems and Newy wasn't great on the rebound.

BF Criticism Level: Moderate again this week but dropping. Other players got in the way of Newy getting all the attention, but Newy didn't go without mention. Good to see it's on the decline because some weeks I just can't make it to Coburg to observe.

He has made a remarkable effort being the host of a Roar Vision segment which is topping the ratings. Newy makes sure his hair is nicely combed prior to the video so he looks his sharpest as shown in the image below.

Links of interest:
Official profile on RichmondFC.com.au
Chris Newman on FootyWire
Wikipedia

My aim for this thread is to provide a thread in which users of the BigFooty community actually want to visit. I will skyrocket Chris Newman back into the public eye in the BigFooty arena.

This man has been very loyal to the Richmond Football Club and his team mates hold him in very high regard. I believe he is one of the best Richmond captains ever.

Anyway, this thread will not be about his past. It will be from this point onwards until the conclusion of the year. My analysis will be comprehensive and you will know everything I decide you need to know right here in this thread.

icon_twitter_25x25.png
@CGTCN is your twitter handle thingo if you would like to tweet about this particular thread.

You can view the twitter profile right here: https://twitter.com/CGTCN

PS: Not stalking or in any way affiliated with the RFC or Chris Newman. ;)

One follower for @CGTCN is a great result so far (and the season hasn't even started!!!!). This number is not only Chris' guernsey number but also the first number excluding zero.

Chris' game in the Aboriginal vs Richmond match was a good indication to how he's performing so far - couldn't give a stuff about pre-season matches. A good result then with that being the case.

Aboriginal vs Richmond ranking:

A

Notes: Could have got less of the ball.

1 follower so far- go me all alone in the followers section.

I would jump on the twitter train with you mate but I still haven't got my head around Twitter yet.

Person who is watching Chris Newman this season doesn't have Foxtel. :(

Just cruising at the moment.

8 possies to half time against the Dons and then got subbed out because it was too hot and players like Dan Jackson need more help with their game than Newy does.

Kicked a massive behind which should have been worth 1.75 instead of 1 because it was outside 50 and it's the NAB cup.

Hair watch: Swept back and to the side. Corresponding with age.

Round 2 (vs St.Kilda)
Disposals: 15​
Marks: 7​
Goals: 1​
Behinds: 1​
DT: 74​

Notes: Newy had a better game. Could have kicked a goal at half time which would have made the crowd irrupt knowing it was his first goal of the season. He really should have put it through too. I was tweeting during half time to @Richmond_fc who was quite please with @CGTCN. That's a positive.

Newy also had some effective disposals and looked a little bit more comfortable on the wing and around half forward. I wouldn't mind seeing him play a little bit deeper towards the end of quarters.

BF Criticism Level: Moderate. Some users are saying he should be dropped for some other clown/s. Disrespectful.

https://twitter.com/CGTCN is my twitter. A point in the game may arise where Newy has just launched from 60 and kicked a beauty and you wont have my handle. GET ON IT.

PS: I will reply to whoever speaks to me. :(

Round 3 (vs Western Bulldogs)
Handballs: 8​
Disposal efficiency: 78.9%​
DT: 61​
CGTCN Ranking: B+

Notes: Newy's best game of the season yet. Started very will especially where his disposal by foot had to be noted. I say this because his 40-50 metre passes were fantastic. Really carved up the Bulldogs from disposal from centre half back to wing. Disposal efficiency was 78.9% like I've shown above but still doesn't put him into the top 10 Tiger players on the night.

You can see a picture of his hair after the match here:
282706-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Still keeping it neat even though the match has finished, the former skip. Definitely trying to show that he is more mature but still able to keep up with current trends.

BF Criticism Level: What a difference a week makes. He is even getting a couple of votes here and there in the match day voting thread which is exciting. The people still looking at the disposals column obviously dont have him in and neither do the tabloids, but thats to be expected.

PS: Tweets didn't work from within Etihad which was disappointing. :( Still, get on it! @CGTCN - I am desperate for some social interaction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 4 (vs Collingwood)
Kicks: 5​
Contested Possessions: 7​
Disposal Efficiency: 100%​
Marks: 2​
DT: 37​

Notes: From his best game the week prior, to his worst game of the season. We're only four rounds in and he is the oldest member of the team. I'm not concerned and neither should you. At 100% efficiency, he's doing something right. He, along with Chaplin were the only two Tigers to get these numbers.

Otherwise, he struggled a little bit to find the ball. Not sure, at this point in time, his constant movement around the ground and in different positions is working. He's fatiguing a little bit as a result.

BF Criticism Level: Moderate again this week.. and rising. Again, it doesn't take long for people to start criticising and calling for your head in this day and age. Back when Newy was a tacker, that wasn't the case. Now with Gen Y and Z, you're gone if you haven't tweeted in the last hour.

Which brings me to my next point...

Gained 2 followers this week. What a momentous occasion. Followers of @CGTCN have been treated to some of the best tweets on the internet. For that, I congratulate you, my readers. Not me, the poster of the tweets.

GET ON NEWY FOR SUPERBOOT THIS WEEK.

Interesting to note that after the game I mentioned the Criticism level was at Moderate. I think now it has gone to Moderate-High. Beyond that, we have High and then Cacti (means dead man walking, essentially).

Here are some quotes;

Poor bugger may miss out on a playin a final.. I think tuck will struggle a bit this year too. Game seems to be goin past him.

Using up credits at a rate of knots. Still has a fair amount in the bank but can't be carried forever.

i think newy is just about cooked

Gaaaaaaaawwwwnnn...looking forward to the pressa sometime around the end of the season where he announces his retirement...

So, as you can see, people have jumped off the bandwagon just as quickly as they jumped on the Richmond bandwagon after 3-0. After a loss to the Pies, posters of BF had to find a scapegoat of some sort. Vickery is one and now Newy joins him on that list.

None of these people seem to remember that last week was one of his better games. But now he's on the chopping block. Same wasn't the case for a approx 37 possession Martin the week before only to have a couple of possessions in that third quarter against the Pies when the going got tough.

I will bold what I see fit to bold.

I would imagine this week, Newy will have a new set of Beats by Dr.Dreβ„’ and be ready to go. Black would be my pick as to the colour, but red is the darkhorse.

Round 5 (vs Fremantle)
Kicks: 8​
Contested Possessions: 4​
DT: 49​

Notes: I thought this weeks match was on par with last week as his worst game of the season. I felt like the wide open spaces of Subiaco would have suited his game. With Morris out, it meant that Newy had to spend time with Ballentyne. He started well early, I thought and Ballentyne had little of the ball and wasn't causing us problems. At the end of the day though, he did cause problems and Newy wasn't great on the rebound.

BF Criticism Level: Moderate again this week but dropping. Other players got in the way of Newy getting all the attention, but Newy didn't go without mention. Good to see it's on the decline because some weeks I just can't make it to Coburg to observe.

He has made a remarkable effort being the host of a Roar Vision segment which is topping the ratings. Newy makes sure his hair is nicely combed prior to the video so he looks his sharpest as shown in the image below.

qRwE3n6.png

Round 6 (vs Geelong)
Kicks: 14​
Handballs: 5​
Contested Possessions: 6​
Marks: 5​
Tackles: 2​
DT: 72​

Notes: Newy wasn't great against the Cats. His stats tend to flatter him a little bit, in my opinion, because his impact on the game wasn't good enough. He did have 19 possies which was equal with his best performance of the season against the Bulldogs.

BF Criticism Level: Low this week. The club took a hit instead. Dimma not doing enough, strategy no good, when will we improve if ever discussion #1472.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back