Past #1: Hugh Greenwood - 51AFC gms/32GC gms/38NM games - 52 goals - retires post '24 - thx Hughy

Remove this Banner Ad

Good grief Tom M did you even watch the clip?

“A guard of honour”?

That was one of the saddest exits from an AFL career I’ve seen

When he was up and going he was great but inevitably a go to player after the mess of the 2020 delistings

Thought he could have had more of a run earlier this year when the floggings were going on

Good grief Tom M did you even watch the clip?

“A guard of honour”?

That was one of the saddest exits from an AFL career I’ve seen

When he was up and going he was great but inevitably a go to player after the mess of the 2020 delistings

Thought he could have had more of a run earlier this year when the floggings were going on
I think his form in the VFL certainly warranted more games than he was given this year. He played 18 in each of the past 2 years. At least you always knew what you would get from him. He was all in.

Last edited:
Hugh has told me that he wants stay around the club in some capacity so this is a good start to achieving that.
Type of person you want around the club in a non playing capacity.

I hope he finds his way into Mick Barlow's team. Seems to connect well with the kids.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deplorable treatment of this bloke.

F*** you, North Melbourne.

Sorry you couldn’t squeeze into that star-studded world conquering team Hugh. Thanks for choosing us. All the best.
I'd like to think they offered him an AFL farewell game but he refused to take a game away from a young player, such is his nature. But the truth is more likely that he was never offered the choice.

I'd like to think they offered him an AFL farewell game but he refused to take a game away from a young player, such is his nature. But the truth is more likely that he was never offered the choice.

North’s treatment of senior players like Hugh is why they have no senior leadership.

Sorry Hugh, maybe if you were 48 years old and in Clarkson’s back pocket because of your hawthorn days, and your name was Liam, you might’ve had a shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hugh Greenwood - 51AFC gms/32GC gms/38NM games - 52 goals - retires post '24 - thx Hughy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back