Traded #1: Michael Hibberd - Premiership Player!! Onya Piggy šŸ½

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: #43: Michael Hibberd - Will miss "three or four matches"

Well maybe some kid is a massive Clams fan and plans his only Bombers game for the year for three weeks time and is really excited because EFC told him Pig would be back. And this kid - let's call him Little Jimmy - doesn't get to see Clams because EFC once again underestimated recovery time on the website, and then the poor fella goes home in tears because the whole game he had to sit by himself in his reserved seat with a dodgy cap and couldn't see his hero on the field anywhere. And at home, he gets into bed and receives a text from the club reading "Donate to the flight plan?".

That's why.

This is one of the best posts I've seen on this forum.

Well maybe some kid is a massive Clams fan and plans his only Bombers game for the year for three weeks time and is really excited because EFC told him Pig would be back. And this kid - let's call him Little Jimmy - doesn't get to see Clams because EFC once again underestimated recovery time on the website, and then the poor fella goes home in tears because the whole game he had to sit by himself in his reserved seat with a dodgy cap and couldn't see his hero on the field anywhere. And at home, he gets into bed and receives a text from the club reading "Donate to the flight plan?".

That's why.

Tight-ass kid should've donated to the Flight Plan, and then maybe Pig's hammys wouldn't go ping. Perhaps Little Jimmy isn't as passionate as the administration of the football club.

That's why.
1332772212295.gif

I don't mean to be rude rines, I'm just curious, but are you an Essendon member?

Yes and yes I vote and yes I have read the constitution..

Any more questions?

What that has to do with anything is beyond me but whatever..

Oh and before you ask, I will donate to the flightplan...

It appears in order not to disappoint Mumbo's 'Little Jimmy' we have been sent an email EARLY to ask to donate to the flightplan...

So at least he shouldn't have to worry about that pesky text message after the game...

Anyone know how Hibbo is tracking, in line for a call up next week to replace Hardingham? Didnt they say a 3 week injury, its been a month now.

I think he's too smart a player to need it Yacdaddy, I reckon he'll end up as Sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: #43: Michael Hibberd - How far away? AFL or VFL?

A guy from my work used to play with him. He met up with him this weekend.
- He thinks he is a week away
- It was always going to be a 5-6 week injury
- Hibo thinks he is ready to go now but Essendon is keeping him back
- Could come into the side this week for the Melbourne game. If not, deff for Sydney

Essendon thinks he is in his best 21 and he will come straight back into the senior side. No bendigo for him.

I'd like to see him blow out the cobwebs at Bendigo, but it could only be because I haven't seen him return from a spell to know whether he can come straight back in and pick up the pace of the game or not. If he can do it, why not?

Salivating at the prospect of a backline of Hooker, Pears, Fletcher/Carlisle, Hardingham, Hibberd, Dempsey though. It is tantalisingly close.

If the team is confident in his fitness I don't see why he wouldn't come straight back into the side. If not starting then as the substitute.

He always seemed comfortable at the top level and his ability in intercept marking is something we can't really pass up on when we have the option.

Houli or Hibberd?

Give me Hibberd any day of the week. Actually prioritizes defence instead of skulking around HB looking for easy possessions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #1: Michael Hibberd - Premiership Player!! Onya Piggy šŸ½

Remove this Banner Ad

Back