Traded #1: Michael Hibberd - Premiership Player!! Onya Piggy 🐽

Remove this Banner Ad

Track record suggests we won't. We seem to just get deals done, no stuffing around. EG last year with the Suns - had a whole trade planned with them around Howe and pick 3. Howe chose the Pies instead, we swapped Howe for what the Pies gave us and kept talking.

I think it's more if Essendon goes 'first round pick' when everyone knows we don't have one.

I think it's unlikely - Worsfold has suggested early second rounder. Might only be a kink if dodo tries to go after a player (e.g. Salem) and the club/player don't want to deal.

Track record suggests we won't. We seem to just get deals done, no stuffing around. EG last year with the Suns - had a whole trade planned with them around Howe and pick 3. Howe chose the Pies instead, we swapped Howe for what the Pies gave us and kept talking.

I think it's more if Essendon goes 'first round pick' when everyone knows we don't have one.

Don't know if Essendon will accept pick 26 straight up will probably want to add a little sweetner.

Don't know if Essendon will accept pick 26 straight up will probably want to add a little sweetner.
Dunn is apparently headed to Brisbane - if so we will have another pick floating around

I don't think there will be any hassles with the trade if the Melksham trade is anything to go by
The only reason the St Kilda and Port trades dragged on was because they tried to be campaigners about it, and the Bulldogs trade faltered because neither team had the currency to arrive at an equitable exchange

I don't think there will be any hassles with the trade if the Melksham trade is anything to go by
The only reason the St Kilda and Port trades dragged on was because they tried to be campaigners about it, and the Bulldogs trade faltered because neither team had the currency to arrive at an equitable exchange
Yeah don't think there will be an issue

Let's be honest, Melbourne did us a solid with Melksham. Pick 25 was extremely good for us.

We owe the Dees one. Just get Hib there- pick 26 is nothing to sneeze at. Remember who our pick 26 was three years ago?

I agree but this is Dodoro we are talking about will probably try to look for a better deal first before accepting 26.
Dodoro seems to always wait and see what else is being thrown around the trade table to try to even things out as near as possible. Bigfooty flogs interpret this as "hard to deal with"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's be honest, Melbourne did us a solid with Melksham. Pick 25 was extremely good for us.

We owe the Dees one. Just get Hib there- pick 26 is nothing to sneeze at. Remember who our pick 26 was three years ago?

Which was from the Crameri deal, who isn't that much better or worse than Hibberd, without wanting to compare a forward with a defender.

Any chance of a Trengrove or Grimes sliding in as part of a deal? i know they are on the outter, but Casey is playing well too. Trengrove injury too risky?
Thoughts?

No. No and no.

We don't owe anybody anything.

Melksham courd turn into a good get for them.

We don't have a half back flanker of AFL quality. Our best scenario is to keep Hibberd.

Now that he's open to staying we play hardball on the deal and scuttle it.

So Pig would be happy to stay at Essendon if a deal can't be done.

interesting will give us extra liverage if Melbourne play funny buggers at the trade table.
Maybe I misread the article? He'll stay if the deal can't be done?

He should be afforded the chance to play elsewhere. Do the deal with Melbourne on day 1.

I'm a huge Hibberd fan in fact he's one of my favourites but as with the other 33 players, they should be able to do as they please (within reason of course). I don't believe the line of thought that the players should accept responsibility for what occurred at the club 4 years ago. They are victims.

No. No and no.

We don't have a half back flanker of AFL quality. Our best scenario is to keep Hibberd.

Yes, yes and yes.

Let's face it, Hibberd won't stay.

On the one hand you advocate us landing big players in the trade period.

You know what makes that more likely? Building good trade relationships with other clubs, not screwing them.

Melbourne paid over for Melksham. 26 is not much, if at all, under for Hibberd.

I understand that Melbourne overpaid for Melksham and gave us a good deal, but that was their choice not ours. If dodo wants more than pick 26 for Hibberd, which is fair enough, than he can go for that. We don't owe Melbourne a good deal just because they paid overs.

In saying that, I think we should take pick 26 with a pick 44 and 55 swap.

No. No and no.

Uhh... what?..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back