hopper

Team Captain
Apr 25, 2004
NSW
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Nth Melbourne
If you could choose one player from our list from 2005 to step up this year who would it be? it may not be your favourite player but just someone who you feel will improve our team by their presence.

Hamish, Ch Jones , Trotter , Smith , Grima , Perry and Urch will all have support, I personally would like to see Grima get an injury free run, I have only seen him play twice but he looks a likely prospect, when he injured himself last season his aggression and commitment was Archer like.

With the rotation's every 11 seconds he could be one to watch and enjoy this season. I'd love to see Trotter nail a spot also, after golfing with his dad he's as bigger Roo nut as the rest of us plus he's from down my way.

I'd like to hear what some of the Port watchers from previous years think of Blake.

Thoughts

Cheers all.

Wells would be No.1, so he can silence the sayers that rate him lower than Cooney:thumbsdown:

Certainly could win the Brownlow:thumbsu:

Was more thinking along the line of a non established player from the list.

Would be stoked all the same if Hay could repeat Thommo performance when changing clubs..

Cheers all.

i'd love to see Chad Jones step up and prove his potential.

if he has a good 2006 then we will sleep well knowing that he can take over the key foward position after Sav retires.

id love to see hay return to his aa form, big h to play a few games and urchy n trots to try and play as many games for the season as they can

Shannon Watt.... Opportunity to take 3rd best forward, or even play up forward himself. Could also chip in front of oppositions best forward if his opponent is out of the play. Would want to step up this season or could well find his way out the door.

I have faith in him to do something this season!

GO ROOS

hopper said:
Was more thinking along the line of a non established player from the list.

McIntosh for me.

Having a good Hamish/Hale ruck combo with improve us immensely. I think he might do it too.

Next in line would be Chad Jones - playing the long leading forward role that Reiwoldt plays, and that Thommo did in the first few rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swallow, get on him for the rising star award.

Chad Jones or Drew Petrie if he played up forward.

If one of those becomes a good forward and contributed 30-40 goals it would be a massive boost for the side. Teams already struggle to match up Sav and Thommo, having Hale plus another option in the mix would make it one of the most potent forward lines.

Most of the other others mentioned there is a fair bit of expectation that they will come good sooner or later. With these two there is a bit of unknown.

One of Wells, Urch, Trotter, Swallow or Grima. That's right a midfielder. We can't be relying on Grant, Simpson, Harvey & Archer forever. It's time we see these blokes getting in the best regularly. (with the exclusion on Wells, he has been in the best numerous times, but it's time to step up further)

I see Michael Firrito in this category. We all saw how improved he was last year. To me he is one player who has the physical build to impose himself on the competition. If his development continues on the mental aspects to the game, he could become one of those players who other teams learn to fear and respect. I'm hopeful he can take another small step up from last year, as I don't think he's very far off the mark. My gut tells me Laidley will attempt to move him more into the midfield to bring that size and physical presence to bear, as well as opening up more space for what seems like our glut of natural HBF's. Hoping for a big year from Spud and looking forward to seeing him walk the ground before the big game...

Chad Jones to fill the void at CHF with a quick player with good hands and McIntosh is the other to give us something in the ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

1 player to step up for 2006

Remove this Banner Ad

Back