NFL (10/11) Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers

The NFL could've been so different.

A few years ago, the Packers wanted to trade for Randy Moss from the Raiders, and Al Davis wanted a swap of Gbaja-Biamila + Rodgers for Moss + draft pick, and the Packers turned it down.

The Packers would probably still have sent Favre packing, drafted some other QB from the 2007/8 draft class i think it was, and Rodgers would be getting killed behind that bad Raiders OL of that period.

A few years ago, the Packers wanted to trade for Randy Moss from the Raiders, and Al Davis wanted a swap of Gbaja-Biamila + Rodgers for Moss + draft pick, and the Packers turned it down.

The Packers would probably still have sent Favre packing, drafted some other QB from the 2007/8 draft class i think it was, and Rodgers would be getting killed behind that bad Raiders OL of that period.

Ah whilst we postulate, the 49ers could have drafted Rodgers instead of Smith, who would have ended up in GB, Davis's trade could have happened, he could have bypassed Russell and drafted Ted Ginn Jr (instead of the sure pick in Calvin Johnson after falling in love with his timed speed) and then BOTH Rodgers and Smith could enjoy ruined careers due to crappy olines, crappy front office decisions and even crappier coaching....and they could all do it as neighbours by the bay.

If only!

KGB and Rodgers for Moss and a Draft pick, no wonder why we turned them down, KGB was a beast when he was on the field, just got hurt to often at the end. and Rodgers, well he would of never had the breakout game in 07 at Dallas on the Thursday night.

I think that's very true Brasher.
It's very karmic or something where QBs end up going.
Brady to the Pats....anywhere else a nobody as expected of his draft position and no Belichick system.
Russell to the Raiders....destined.
Rodgers to the Packers....perfect time/place/system/WR talent etc.
Smith to the Niners.
Leinart to the Cards.
Big Ben NOT to the Steelers wouldn't have had such a great rookie season and become what he has become.
etc.

I think if any of those players went to any of those other teams at the time, things would've been different at each different team.

Big Ben NOT to the Steelers wouldn't have had such a great rookie season and become what he has become.
etc.

I think if any of those players went to any of those other teams at the time, things would've been different at each different team.

Very true GG and you realise that everyone can THANK Ray Lewis :eek: :p :D :thumbsu:
banana-1.gif
beerchug1.gif
for his role in getting Big Ben thrown into the deep end early. Ray Lewis was the guy who broke Tommy Maddox arm in the Week 2 game. :) Bill Cowher was coming off a 6-10 campaign in 2003, quite possibly his coaching career on the line??? AMAZING how it all unfolded.

KGB and Rodgers for Moss and a Draft pick, no wonder why we turned them down, KGB was a beast when he was on the field, just got hurt to often at the end. and Rodgers, well he would of never had the breakout game in 07 at Dallas on the Thursday night.

At the time tho, KGB was at the end of his usefulness, and Rodgers was a complete unknown back-up, only pre-season snaps, a lot of doubt and questions about him and "Tedford QBs". Moss was supposedly unable to run anymore too. It was a do-able trade at the time due to so many what-ifs about all those players.

Woodson...

Yeah, Cowher handled BB well. It set the benchmark for how future rookies would be worked into the starting role. Giving them half the field and only a couple reads per play. Thanks to that, and the all-round goodness of the Steelers team, BB was able to grow naturally into the eventual 'total' QB he is now.

As much as I hated watching my boys lose, Rodgers is a gun. He isn't flashy, he is just supremely efficient. He truly believes that every pass he throws should be caught and he gives his receivers the opportunity to make plays.

For the last month he has been the best player in the league. I don't know the real stats but his pass completion % would have to be near 75% for the playoffs.

respect. :thumbsu:

I can't see myself doing that though ... I don't want to live in Baltimore, I value my life. :p

respect. :thumbsu:

I can't see myself doing that though ... I don't want to live in Baltimore, I value my life. :p
haha rhys if you have watched The Wire (best show of all time) then yes Baltimore is an absolute shit hole. Full of drug addicts and homeless folk. Wouldn't mind living in Seattle but being a surfer and snowboarder, California or Colorado is my ideal state.:thumbsu: Nice story as well Woodson, thanks for posting. Bad luck about your Steelers although as you said, you've seen 2 you lucky bastard.:p

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL (10/11) Super Bowl XLV: Green Bay Packers vs Pittsburgh Steelers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back