Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

We knew he didn't have the tank before we drafted him. It's not new news, he was always going to play a bit of VFL this year until his fitness improves.

The issue is Francis a long way behind others. I am struggling to understand how he played senior footy in the SANFL in 2015.

Calf injury? ffs...

UnFnF.gif

Now that we have Hooker locked in for 5 years.
Thoughts on Aaron Francis being used as a FF?
Would you play a 19 year old Brendan Goddard at FF?

This is the Aaron Francis thread mate, not Mason Redman.
Would you play Aaron Francis as a FF? or just get Josh Battle?

Hooker is wasted as a forward.

This is the Aaron Francis thread mate, not Mason Redman.
Would you play Aaron Francis as a FF? or just get Josh Battle?

Hooker is wasted as a forward.
I'd play McKernan or Brown as a FF.

Now that we have Hooker locked in for 5 years.
Thoughts on Aaron Francis being used as a FF?

I said it before we drafted him, I reckon he's a half forward flanker.

Can obviously do bits and pieces everywhere I think you either want the ball in his hands in front of goal or you want him to be the guy kicking it in there.

They'll blood him in the backline where he made his name in the U18. His reading of the play and intercept marking are his strengths. Maybe once he's actually established himself they'll start to see what else he can do, but it'd be pretty unfair to play him out of position early in his career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll blood him in the backline where he made his name in the U18. His reading of the play and intercept marking are his strengths. Maybe once he's actually established himself they'll start to see what else he can do, but it'd be pretty unfair to play him out of position early in his career.

Didn't he kick 4.5 in a game at the under 18 championships playing as a full forward?

Didn't he kick 4.5 in a game at the under 18 championships playing as a full forward?

Something like that, he played some midfield too, but neither are his normal positions. I'm sure they'll ease him in behind the play. Besides, with our F50 delivery, he'd have a nightmare start to his career.

The issue is Francis a long way behind others. I am struggling to understand how he played senior footy in the SANFL in 2015.

He is not a long way behind the others and the reason he is behind is simple. Injury towards the end of last season. Questions about his tank where way over stated and came more from people saying he did not have the tank to play midfield rather than being able to play.
Yes he does have to improve fitness wise but it is no worse than many other under 18 recruits .

giphy.gif

lol, nah but seriously saw him close up at the VFL, doesn't have the biggest rig yet. Isn't all that tall but has a strange air of intensity about him.

As i was applying my Le Tan 50+ sunscreen that was coconut scented we shared a moment of comradery. I don't know where this story is going.

This new batch of rangas will bring sustained success i feel.

3rd defender is his role. I see him taking the kick ins and being a general out of defence. He's a competitive beast who will be extremely important for our team suring up defence and providing deep attacking and accurate kicks out of defence. As soon as he is fit and gets a couple of VFL matches in he should be played in readiness to prepare him for 2017. A defence of Hurley, Hartley and Francis looks appealing accompanied by Baguley, Hibberd and someone pacey like Tippa should be pretty good.

3rd defender is his role. I see him taking the kick ins and being a general out of defence. He's a competitive beast who will be extremely important for our team suring up defence and providing deep attacking and accurate kicks out of defence. As soon as he is fit and gets a couple of VFL matches in he should be played in readiness to prepare him for 2017. A defence of Hurley, Hartley and Francis looks appealing accompanied by Baguley, Hibberd and someone pacey like Tippa should be pretty good.
Since so many attacking forays are launched out of defence, I am quite excited at the prospect of having some good kicks down back including Francis, TIPPA! and Hartley. Bags, Hurley and Hibbo aren't slouches either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back