Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Can people stop talking about Francis for a few weeks? Every time I see his thread at the top of the page above Trades I feel ill. TIA.
If it makes you feel any better, up until recently a close mate's MRS was good friends with the francis family.

At no point did he really want out, and now he is playing good footy and on an upward trend, there is 0.00% chance he leaves Essendon unless something absolutely radical happens.

If it makes you feel any better, up until recently a close mate's MRS was good friends with the francis family.

At no point did he really want out, and now he is playing good footy and on an upward trend, there is 0.00% chance he leaves Essendon unless something absolutely radical happens.

While reassuring, we've heard it from the man himself. After playing a few games, said requesting a trade was a mistake and wants a contract extension. Can see how some are nervous about it though.

While reassuring, we've heard it from the man himself. After playing a few games, said requesting a trade was a mistake and wants a contract extension. Can see how some are nervous about it though.
His heart wasn't in it, that much is certain, and the club was right to hold him to it and turn him around. The love he had for Essendon growing up, by all accounts it is his dream to play for them.

Mmmm, okay.

EF42lq4.jpg

At least get the team right. Jesus.

You'd think that, until you realise it's a backhander to deserving mark of the year winner Joe Daniher.

What the **** did they expect when they put up 2 players from the same team as part of the top 3 for a fan vote?

At least get the team right. Jesus.

What the **** did they expect when they put up 2 players from the same team as part of the top 3 for a fan vote?

The funny thing was with all the complaining, Daniher still outpolled Howe and Grundy combined.

I personally hope we see more talk of Aaron Francis. I have no fears of him leaving Essendon. I just want to talk about how he's turned it around and is starting to look amazing. While his develop can't continue at the same level of growth for long, I expect there to be improvements incrementally over the next few years. I also think he's blessed playing alongside Hurley and Hooker because he will not have to be "the man" until he's in his peak. There will be a nice smooth transition as he is playing a role and they are taking charge, to the opposite being true. Assuming Daniher, Stewart, Stringer, Brown and McKernan are all fit, then the forward line is stacked and he won't be needed to go forward.

He'll have games playing genuine KPFs like Darling and Riewoldt. He'll also play plenty of footy on mediums/midfielders like De Goey, Martin and Dangerfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're already in contention. When Shiel signed the lid vanished into rumour and mythology, told by the elderly around the fire at night about the days when we used to have a lid.
latest

Now let’s all celebrate with a cool glass of lid juice

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back