Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

So I’m not allowed to have a least favourite Essendon player and support the club?

Literally every supporter ever has had a least favourite player

Well I am in the minority. Do not have a least favorite player. there are players I do not think will make it and I comment on the short comings at times but in general I hope they all make it or prove me wrong if it is a negative opinion. Certainly do not want someone not to succeed.

So I’m not allowed to have a least favourite Essendon player and support the club?

Literally every supporter ever has had a least favourite player
Well I am in the minority. Do not have a least favorite player. there are players I do not think will make it and I comment on the short comings at times but in general I hope they all make it or prove me wrong if it is a negative opinion. Certainly do not want someone not to succeed.
The answer is Devon Smith, it's 100% Devon

Just read the last 6 pages. Bunch of turncoats 😂. Looked very good at times and exactly what we've been missing with Hooker. Definitely helped with what 2MP was able to do. Considering what has happened over the last couple of months very impressive imo. With Reid in the backline and him/Hurls forward next year we can focus on recruiting another mid and a small forward ✔️

Don't have one either. Seems weird actually

The answer is Devon Smith, it's 100% Devon
I realised he was my least fave on the weekend when I found myself cheering when he messed up.

There have been a lot of players over the years that I felt were pretty D grade. But I never barracked against them. Especially not with a massive game on the line.

With Smith it’s his team-last attitude. Really can’t handle it.

I realised he was my least fave on the weekend when I found myself cheering when he messed up.

There have been a lot of players over the years that I felt were pretty D grade. But I never barracked against them. Especially not with a massive game on the line.

With Smith it’s his team-last attitude. Really can’t handle it.

He does a lot of dumb stuff but he also does a lot of team stuff and is one of the small forwards that generally stays out of the leading lanes and works the front and centers. He is not a team last player. His can be a plain dumb player.

He does a lot of dumb stuff but he also does a lot of team stuff and is one of the small forwards that generally stays out of the leading lanes and works the front and centers. He is not a team last player. His can be a plain dumb player.
Yeah it's funny he was the best pressure player in the league not long ago. The brain fades have to be dealt with but I still like him on the list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He does pressure & tackle - fair enough. That's not team-last stuff.

His issues are more when we have the ball.

I disagree that he is a dumb player - he's too clever and talented to be dumb.

He might hit front and centre but is otherwise just massively selfish. When you combine this with his mouthing off at umps and teammates... it's far too much.

He does pressure & tackle - fair enough. That's not team-last stuff.

His issues are more when we have the ball.

I disagree that he is a dumb player - he's too clever and talented to be dumb.

He might hit front and centre but is otherwise just massively selfish. When you combine this with his mouthing off at umps and teammates... it's far too much.

He is dumb because he keeps overdoing the niggle. The dumb stuff most players work out that the umpires will always pay a free kick for.
His play is not more selfish than most small forwards.

He is dumb because he keeps overdoing the niggle. The dumb stuff most players work out that the umpires will always pay a free kick for.
His play is not more selfish than most small forwards.
Ah yeah - I forgot about that dumb aspect of his play. It is dumb, you're right.

Will have to agree to disagree regarding his selfishness with the ball.

I would not mind having another look at him as a forward at some stage.
Yes ant. If he can’t make it as a forward at efc its time to get rid of him. Great talent
but is time to cut our losses if he can’t give us continuity. I think he was an all aust.
CHF as an U18 so he does have the forward craft. I must say that I thought he was a lot more of a threat as a forward against the dogs.

Fair enough, never said I didn’t want anyone to succeed either

Me personally I gravitate towards liking some players more than others, generally to do with their approach to the game not wanting people to fail

Anyone else wonder if this means he's going home at the end of the year? He's clearly a better backman and playing him forward could be because he's not going to be part of the long term for the defense and Truck is trying to build a unit down there.
Or it could be a trial to see if he can be part of the long term forward line at Essendon? It says more about Hooker being retired than Francis being traded imo.

Anyone else wonder if this means he's going home at the end of the year? He's clearly a better backman and playing him forward could be because he's not going to be part of the long term for the defense and Truck is trying to build a unit down there.

Hard to know really. Also not sure if Adelaide is home. He’s now lived in Melbourne longer than he ever did in Adelaide.

I know it's not something you can really tell given they are all competitive beasts, BUT it did seem that he was particularly emotionally engaged on Sunday. Perhaps it's the lack of crowd so you hear what you wouldn't normally, but there was a lot of competitive passion shown by Frank that I haven't really noticed before. Hurley-like frustration at poor performance, tribal screams at successful goal attempts, that sort of thing. Didn't seem like an unhappy player - but as I said, obviously that's not really a valid basis to make such an assessment. Nevertheless, I kind of am

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back