10 A's Football in South Aus

Remove this Banner Ad

i didnt say i was tall or dominated 10As games mate, and i dont need to in order to express my opinion... you blokes are giving sacred heart a bad name coming on here and bragging about a team that appears to be a lot weaker than previous year 10 sides, no-one from your year level has the characteristics of an AFL draftee e.g. richard o'grady, hamish hartlett, tom mcnamara... and ur depth leaves a lot to be desired, although you could argue that your team is mediocre across the board

on the other hand, after watching a few of your games, your team also doesnt play the traditional sacred heart hard brand of footy, as a lot of you blokes are too scared to put your head over the ball and rely on blokes like foxy (hate to say it), seb townsend, reece jolly etc. to dish it out to ur 16 (approx.) recievers

cozdawg, no-one from yr10 has the characteristics of an afl footballer, i disagree. how about, Darcy Armfield, Jack Carter, Nathan Ahmat-Watkins, Nick Homberg, Sam Barnett and Matt Fox?

i agree with most statements made..
but i think we are forgetting one crucial element in the sacred heart 10as team....the boarders
there is a reasonably number of handy boarders in this side
i mean with the likes of townsend, crettendan, noll and even moten that played firsts all of the year
and by the looks of it the is some talent arising with Mic Collins, Brenton Priest and matthew turner(winner of intercoll medal 10bs)
there is a lot to look forward to in years to come

on taylor angel, if ur small and guna be successful then u have to be quick i.e. an outside midfielder or crumbing forward, therefore it's irrelevant how 'courageous' he is

with delly, key position players need to be quick off the mark to provide a strong lead, also not big enough for a key position in the AFL, as theyr usually above 195cm
Taylor Angel is a gun and any one who puts there head over the ball and come out with it will get noticed and bounce straight back form some of the hits he gets. Also he is quick enough to play in any midfield.

Then theres matt delmenico such a versitile player at the moment if you what you can sit him in any key position and he will take most pack makes or will make a contenst of it on the ground. Or u can chuck him in the midfield for the extra hardness and he will win his fair share of the ball

Taylor Angel is a gun and any one who puts there head over the ball and come out with it will get noticed and bounce straight back form some of the hits he gets. Also he is quick enough to play in any midfield.

Then theres matt delmenico such a versitile player at the moment if you what you can sit him in any key position and he will take most pack makes or will make a contenst of it on the ground. Or u can chuck him in the midfield for the extra hardness and he will win his fair share of the ball

lads i know ur all excited that there is a site which you can all post ur thoughts on ur own team. Every school has a bunch of blokes which come on here and rave about how good their own school is too. This huge number of you blokes coming on here and bragging about how good SHC are does not do us any favours. I go to the school and there is nothing i hate more than seeing our own blokes give us a bad name by posting the sort of crap which has been posted in the past. For SHC to be respected, we will be the best but not brag about it because thats when we cop the label of being cocky. Everyone makes the mistake of doing it on here, so instead of just making all ur mates sound good, how about just giving an opinion that isnt so bloody one sided. Im sure the 10 A's side is very good and go ahead and talk about it, but you dont have to boast about every player, every win and who will get drafted/ play league, because it is still way too early to tell anyway. The thread is called 10 A's football in south Australia, and has been obviously turned into a SHC thread so if you blokes are goin to talk about 10 A's, talk about the whole comp not just a certain couple of players from one team.

mmm yea but where are all the other blokes posting stuff about there other skools?
i also think it is far to early to say that n e one in year ten is goin to get drafted. with all the growing and developing the lads have to do
sure you can say they are decent players but afl is still a long way off
look at chad cornes
who are the from others schools on the 10as that we havnt herd about
i remember there bein an aboriginal bloke playing for rostrever and he was pretty handy wen he got round the footy
dies he have n e future?

lads i know ur all excited that there is a site which you can all post ur thoughts on ur own team. Every school has a bunch of blokes which come on here and rave about how good their own school is too. This huge number of you blokes coming on here and bragging about how good SHC are does not do us any favours. I go to the school and there is nothing i hate more than seeing our own blokes give us a bad name by posting the sort of crap which has been posted in the past. For SHC to be respected, we will be the best but not brag about it because thats when we cop the label of being cocky. Everyone makes the mistake of doing it on here, so instead of just making all ur mates sound good, how about just giving an opinion that isnt so bloody one sided. Im sure the 10 A's side is very good and go ahead and talk about it, but you dont have to boast about every player, every win and who will get drafted/ play league, because it is still way too early to tell anyway. The thread is called 10 A's football in south Australia, and has been obviously turned into a SHC thread so if you blokes are goin to talk about 10 A's, talk about the whole comp not just a certain couple of players from one team.
Not once did i say that any of these 2 players were going to make leauge or get drafted.

Im also nt boasting about them im just saying what i think and from what i have seen this year in 10 A's footy in sa most of it is correct you tool so get ur facts right because if you had seen enough games you might have seen to.

Not once did i say that any of these 2 players were going to make leauge or get drafted.

Im also nt boasting about them im just saying what i think and from what i have seen this year in 10 A's footy in sa most of it is correct you tool so get ur facts right because if you had seen enough games you might have seen to.

get a bit defensive mate. look at the first word of what i said. its lads. that is plural u ****ing idiot, refering to the lot of you. I know i quoted what u said but it was only because u were the last one to say something. You are once again giving us a bad name... ur a joke

I dont see the relevance of this and 10 A's football in south aus??

Oh and Seb Townsend is a star... Definatly worthy of such an elustrious position as 10A captain...

ye i personally agree with figjam51 and big rams in saying that i don't really see the relevence in this thread and that you boys should maybe just quote on things that are worth quoting not talking about every player in the team as you are also probably putting pressure on them to perform in years to come. just a suggestion

look mate what do u know? tell me what school you are attending. to be playing first 18 at shc is a very big acheivemnet especially in year 10. i geuss thats why the 10a's were undefeated all year

LOL, children fact is I went to SHC years ago with the likes of Pav and Kane Cornes. Case in point BOTH OF THOSE PLAYERS PLAYED FIRST 18 IN YEAR 10. That is what I'm saying, if you really are an unbelievable gun, you would make it in year 10, therefore year 10 footy isn't as important as other grades, because the true stars at that age are playing first 18 football. Did that Hartlett boy play year 10 footy, no I beleieve he played firsts in year 10. Don't worry boys one day you will grow up and understand that school footy isn't the be all and end all. Just wait until you step up and play against men, even non league teams like Gaza and Goodwood Saints in Adelaide would thrash the SHC first 18 team by about 25 goals. If you don't believe that you are an ignorant school boy. ;)

LOL, children fact is I went to SHC years ago with the likes of Pav and Kane Cornes. Case in point BOTH OF THOSE PLAYERS PLAYED FIRST 18 IN YEAR 10. That is what I'm saying, if you really are an unbelievable gun, you would make it in year 10, therefore year 10 footy isn't as important as other grades, because the true stars at that age are playing first 18 football. Did that Hartlett boy play year 10 footy, no I beleieve he played firsts in year 10. Don't worry boys one day you will grow up and understand that school footy isn't the be all and end all. Just wait until you step up and play against men, even non league teams like Gaza and Goodwood Saints in Adelaide would thrash the SHC first 18 team by about 25 goals. If you don't believe that you are an ignorant school boy. ;)

just letting you know mate that hartlett did play year 10 football and i know where you are coming from in saying that the true stars play 1'sts in year 10 and that may be true but things can change within a year and i know that there would be a grade teams that would probably beat sacred heart but you have to remember that we only have a school to pick a team from any one can join up to a club and play at any age

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SHC is the best footballing school in Australia, NO QUESTION, but year 10's have a long way to go, even the step up to firsts will be huge.

look mate no one is saying that it is not a huge step up from tens to 1's i thought i would just make the point of saying that players can change in a year and that you can play tens and still do well in 1's the next year ( h hartlett) i don't want to argue with you so i will leave it at that enjoy the rest of your football career with Gazzas or goody saints

chad cornes didnt play 1st 18 in year 10, neither did hamish hartlett or his brother adam... adam didn't even play 1sts in year 11 yet he got drafted to carlton, and would be playin consistent footy if it wasnt for injuries... pretty irrelevant point although i agree with your opinion in that year 10 doesn't matter in the scheme of things

and comparing div 1 amateur league sides to a college 1st XVIII side is ridiculous, ofcourse they're going to thrash SHC when goodies are top of the ladder (not sure about gaza?), and have much more mature bodies... even edwardstown (bottom on the ladder) would beat shc with players like matt golding et al

the lad i believe is the one destined for bigger and better things
is Nick Homburg, who this year consistently got in the best for West Adeliade U/17 and also played a handfull of U/19 games aswell.
His skill and awareness is fantastic and surely he will be pushing for
a First 18 selection in 2008....

shc have some of biggest guns in sa for year 10 with matt delmenico, reece jolly and taylor angel all superstars and have a bright future..
wat do u guys think?? any other schools that you think can match it?

I coached Taylor Angel in 2001 when he was at Christ the King school

Remove this Banner Ad

10 A's Football in South Aus

Remove this Banner Ad

Back