Opinion 10 most over rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes folks you guessed it .

A Handbagger Flog wrote this.
don't get me wrong i think the hawks have one of the most potent forward lines in the comp i just think buddies highlights reel causes him to be overrated as he is often listed the number 1 player in most of sheehan's top 50 lists. I would pick a lot of quality mids like Ablett, Selwood, Pendlebury, Watson or Mitchell ahead of him

don't get me wrong i think the hawks have one of the most potent forward lines in the comp i just think buddies highlights reel causes him to be overrated as he is often listed the number 1 player in most of sheehan's top 50 lists. I would pick a lot of quality mids like Ablett, Selwood, Pendlebury, Watson or Mitchell ahead of him

He was not in the top 30 in Sheenans top 50 of 2012.

Ablett is the only player I would think about taking at 1 in front of Franklin. He is an out and out Superstar and the best forward since Carey.

Can't believe people have put Pendlebury in an overrated list. Makes me think you really, really hate Collingwood. OR you're blind. OR just plain ******ed.

lance Franklin is massively overrated. a very good player yes no1 in the comp no considering half his goal are from cherry picking his team mates
You say he is the number 1 player in the league, yet he is over rated?

Do you realise how stupid that sounds?

in no particular order:
kosi
n. reiwoldt
didak
lindsay thomas
kurt tippett
pendlebury
goddard
rioli
nic nat
betts

Are Kosi and thomas actually rated by anyone?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great list!

1. Cyril Rioli (was nowhere near good enough for AA this season)
2. Michael Hurley (good ordinary player)
3. Todd Goldstein (Physical presence of ballet dancer)
4. Drew Petrie (only kicks goals against shit teams like Carlton & Richmond)
5. Sam Reid ( 5 years for him?) please
6. Jono Brown - comparisons to Wayne Carey, please. He isn't fit to carry the great mans bag.
7. Travis Boak.... just a good player.
8. Josh Caddy.... 17th in bnf in 2nd worst team in the history of the VFL/AFL
9. Luke Shuey, get a kick when it counts would get him off this list
10. Brent Stanton. just a player, not the "gun" he is seen to be at all.

You say he is the number 1 player in the league, yet he is over rated?

Do you realise how stupid that sounds?
You need to learn to read poor english better.

He was trying to say, "A very good player yes, but number one in the league? No."

All players who have been put up for trade generally get overrated so they should probably be counted in a separate group than the rest. (e.g caddy, boak, tippett)

there should have been a comma. i was saying he is good but not number 1 in the comp
You need to learn to read poor english better.

He was trying to say, "A very good player yes, but number one in the league? No."

Sorry, I am not fluent in broken English.

The general consensus is that Ablett is the number 1 player anyway, isn't it?

Being from Adelaide I have to put up with the SA Media constantly raving on about crows and port players. They talk up Boak, Grey and Hartlett like they are superstars when they are average players at best. They always say that Robbie Grey has the potential to be as good as GAJ. What a load of ----.Port re-signed Boak on between 600-700k per year when Geelong offered him 350-400k.

Surely Rioli's #1 after his AA selection.

Mind you, if we're judging based on AA selections, I'd like to nominate Leon Davis, not for his 2011 selection, but in 2009, when he was named in the forward line ahead of the clearly superior LeCras and Porplyzia. That remains the worst AA election ever.

Surely Rioli's #1 after his AA selection.

Mind you, if we're judging based on AA selections, I'd like to nominate Leon Davis, not for his 2011 selection, but in 2009, when he was named in the forward line ahead of the clearly superior LeCras and Porplyzia. That remains the worst AA election ever.
To be fair to Leon, I thought his 09 was nearly his best ever. Watching every match of the Pies that year he clearly stood out. Not sure where your coming from or just a bandwagon jumper??

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion 10 most over rated current players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back