Delisted #10: Sam Weideman - Delisted. Thanks for your efforts, Sam! 18/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Should've/could've been cut when Baldwin, Tex and Hind were. What's the hold up? Are we still delusional about him being a defender? He's rubbish, delist him.

We don't always do it all at once, last year we did 3 straight away on August 28th (Lord, McBride, Montgomery) then Oct 20th (Munkara) then Oct 25th (Snelling).

Same in 2022; 3 on August 24th, 3 on October 18th, 1 on November 11th.

.............why no delist?

Depth my arse
They will not until the next list update. If Laverde goes he will be the depth.

So Weid has kept his place on the list because of two injured players (fitter than Baldwin, because Z.Reid can’t stay on the park) is how I’m reading this

Weirdeman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did I miss a re-signing announcement?

He probably gets cut as I reckon his future was tied to whether or not we were able to find a trade for Lav. But they should probably tell the player first before making the announcement, don't you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely delisted today?
When I saw him playing in his draft year, I think it was an All Australian team at the G, I couldn't believe how good he looked. He appeared to be a star in the making. Clunking marks everywhere and being a real target up forward.
Going into the draft I was desperate for us to get him and gutted we overlooked him.

Fast forward few years & to see him play so well in that Elimination final against Geelong in 2019 I thought Essendon had fumbled big time. Then it seemed his body rebelled against him with stress fractures, calf injuries, hip injuries and (due to a nasty collision) a badly broken jaw that required surgery. All of which held him back and subsequently saw him traded out.

By the time he got to Essendon, at which time I was rapt as I was a fan and he was a free hit, he'd probably missed enough football to suggest his development had effectively stalled and you could see his confidence was very much shot. I had tempered hope for Sam at this club and it seemed for a time there was some potential, however Peter Wright aside I can't remember seeing a guy live inside his own head as much as this guy. It was clear he was not the forward line hope we had wished for but rather a man who was now simply incapable of playing to the tempo of AFL.

His delisting comes as no real shock but I have to say there's a part of me that was very grateful to have seen him play in Essendon colours. All the best to him in whatever comes next.

Cheers Sammy. You were worth the punt even if it didn't work out.

You will always have the worst suspension in the history of the game to reflect on.

Henry Slattery/Michael Quinn areas from this lad. I’ve never seen a bloke more fearful of impact, and out of his depth on the footy field. He should never have pulled the jumper on. His presence on the list had made it abundantly clear that we aren’t to be taken seriously.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #10: Sam Weideman - Delisted. Thanks for your efforts, Sam! 18/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back