Toast 100 games - Willem Drew

Remove this Banner Ad

Port Adelaide fan-favourite Willem Drew is preparing to play his 100th AFL game this Friday night, and it’s a moment that means a lot to the 25-year-old.

After a string of foot injuries inhibited the first few years of his AFL career, Drew wasn’t sure he would ever reach this point, making the milestone even more special.

Willem has become a mainstay of our midfield rotations, often as a stopper who puts the clamps on the game's best. A hard-nosed blue collar worker who has overcome a long injury run to become a valuable member of the team.

I'm low key a big fan of Drew.

He's a no-nonsense, team first, put me anywhere coach, give me a job, can win a game offensively occasionally but generally wins games defensively, I just want to play footy, big hearted, humble, straight down the line, footy player.

There are times when his role has been greater and he's done well.

He seems like that ultimate club man.

Congrats on 100.

Drew on his 100th game
“Yeah, obviously something that I'm extremely proud of. And I suppose for me, it's just being grateful about the journey that I've had so far and being able to be at this club for eight years, and I've still got a couple more to go. But yeah, something that I'm really proud of. And I know my family and all my mates are as well. So, yeah, very pumped.

“I've got a few coming down from Warrnambool so I’ve got a fair few family and mates coming down but yeah, obviously it's going to be really special game and yeah, I'm super pumped to have them there as well.”

I lol at Fancy Drew every time tribey

Love the way he goes about it.
Nice work on reaching 100 games.
Now get breeding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm low key a big fan of Drew.

He's a no-nonsense, team first, put me anywhere coach, give me a job, can win a game offensively occasionally but generally wins games defensively, I just want to play footy, big hearted, humble, straight down the line, footy player.

There are times when his role has been greater and he's done well.

He seems like that ultimate club man.

Congrats on 100.
I'm high key a big fan. I loved him in his draft year and I literally pumped my fist in the air when we drafted him. To see his progress from early injuries, developing in the SANFL into become a mainstay in the best 22, I couldn't be happier. Love the guy.

Edit: Thought I'd go back and have a look at my pre-draft posts on the legend:

Also, if we manage to get back into the second round and score Willem Drew, I'd be over the moon with that.

Classy inside mid who although not lightning, is not lacking in pace. Seems a very smart player in terms of positioning and knowing where his teammates are and can go forward.

Article on Willem Drew:

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/4130901/drew-at-home-on-big-stage-ahead-of-finals/?cs=63

Really really hope we can get a second rounder and pick him up.
I'm all for him. He showed flashes in the champs of what he could do, but they played him as a flanker rather than a midfielder so he didn't get to show what he's capable of.

Edit: Look at those tackle numbers, pwoar.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 100 games - Willem Drew

Remove this Banner Ad

Back