Past #11: Michael Firrito - did #11 proud - 2017 assistant coach at Strathmore FC w/ HMac & Narni

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, he is finished and shit.....apparently.

It's funny actually as at both Hobart games the family next to my seats have continually commented on how strong Spud is in the contest and that he is unfashionable but important. Sort of like how Brown's basic disposal stats rarely reflect his influence if that makes sense?

Sure he hasn't been great most recently, and for mine has been poorly matched up, but to write him off considering all our defenders have struggled at times this year is unfair, and very uncool.

Spud deserves respect as a loyal shinboner regardless that he is close to the end.

Liked times infinity.

Some absolutely, insane, is he a park footballer, brain explosions-balanced out with sound defending, strong contested work, running and link up play (and some great flying the flag work). Still just ahead of the ledger at the moment, just.

Was that for the hit on Kreuzer? Nothing in it, surely.

That's the one. Kreuzer required treatment to his eye immediately afterwards so the medical report mustn't have done the starched one any favours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was in the first half from what I can remember, it was fairly innocuous and was an attempted spoil. The umpire didn't pay a free but Kreuzer had some trouble with his eye.

Thanks. I remember a spoil on Kreuzer but didn't think anything out of bounds etc.

Maybe a typically stupid case of injury dictating suspension rather than the actual act individually.

Thanks. I remember a spoil on Kreuzer but didn't think anything out of bounds etc.

Maybe a typically stupid case of injury dictating suspension rather than the actual act individually.
Thats what I'm thinking (until I see vision).

Came out of that game feeling pretty good, felt we'd get through with not even a fine, didn't see anything bad.

It's on there, in the banned heading at the top. Deserved a week. Big out for mine.

OK.....thanks D11.

Yeah maybe a week.......just. It happens every week with fists going everywhere at a contest, but as he got Kreuzer flush he has to go, I guess.....

Last edited:
I wouldn't say it "Deserved" a week.

Based on previous stuff a fine IMO unless he was on two strikes.

Laughable the sling tackle on LT was described as "legal" if in the field of play, what tosh, sling tackles are not legal full stop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #11: Michael Firrito - did #11 proud - 2017 assistant coach at Strathmore FC w/ HMac & Narni

Remove this Banner Ad

Back