Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes he missed Guelfi with that short ball but he is a handy player and he continues to get better and more importantly, hit the scoreboard.

Handy to have a small forward that can roll up to the stoppage and still understands how to keep his hands free and win contested footy

I don't think he's worthy of ragging on, but surely he, Ham and Guelfi aren't in the side without injuries.
lol I think he definitely is.

He's probably our best pressure forward.

Weird time to say this when he was in our bests and arguably his best game for the year.

That is fantastic and he makes good depth fringe. With the number of injuries in a typical AFL season, he should still be playing 15+ games a year. I have to admit I was playing Rome Total War remastered during the game today!! ... but that Hooker non mark!!

Why was he so insistent on standing the mark today? There was a situation he pushed Perkins aside to stand the mark as the ball went into their forward line in the last qtr. (Perkins was spent btw) Why would he do that?

As far as small forwards go this year.
Elite in disposals.
Elite in tackles.
Above average for goals.
Elite for disposal efficiency.
Elite in effective disposals.
Elite in goal accuracy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't been the biggest Snelling fan but that was definitely a quality game from him today. Saw him put on some nice side step moves today that I haven't seen from him before.

For me the key is whether he can continue to become more damaging with ball in hand.

Unfortunately between Snelling, Tippa and Smith we are probably carrying 3 blokes as short as our oppositions shortest player and none of them are competitive in the air. So its critical that they all bring real strengths to the table.

He got a coach’s vote in the Gold Coast v St Kilda game - fair effort

Gold Coast v St Kilda
9 Zach Merrett (ESS)
8 Josh Kelly (GWS)
5 Sam Taylor (GWS)
4 Tim Taranto (GWS)
2 Darcy Parish (ESS)
1 Tom Green (GWS)
1 Will Snelling (ESS)

He got a coach’s vote in the Gold Coast v St Kilda game - fair effort

Gold Coast v St Kilda
9 Zach Merrett (ESS)