Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

On The Sounding Board the other day, the topic of radio news came up, specifically why the half-hour news needs to be on SEN during the day. After Hutchy said it's about 'sponsorship' from ads and the traffic people, Barrett finished by saying the SEN is good, then Hutchy said, "yes, the team down stairs do good job." Down stairs? They're in Brisbane (so I keep saying :tongueout: )!

You've made too many comments that we'll hijack this as a motor racing thread.

- The BTCC (British Touring Car Championship, UK Supercars equivalent to the rest of you) is the top level of domestic competition there. But if you meant because most of the F! team are based in the UK, so the BTCC is the second tier of the UK motorsport industry, I get it.

- Touring car racing is for bog-standard road cars, particularly boring cars the masses buy. It's not practical to race them that way, but there has to be an authentic and reasonable representation of those cars on the track. Supercars is not that.

- Manufacturer support is what makes racing at the professional end awesome. It's fair dinkum competition when it's like that, and that's what attracts fans and people who are not interested. The point of a governing body is to manage the fluctuation. Supercars is so lame that's why it's always an issue. A steady decline over decades, but that's ok for them because because it's bigger than Aus TCR series, which doesn't have 5 litre V8s.
BTCC in the mid 90s was legendary with the saloon cars -Audi A4 Quattro then made to go 2WD, Renault Laguna with Alain Menu, Honda Accord, Vectra, Primera, 406. The TOCA games also helped the popularity. It's a pale shadow of that these days.
Now everyone these days buys SUVs.

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="zyzzbruh" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Today right now Supercars is by far the best motorsport category there is. I'd rather watch the grand final replay than watch F or Nascar

That’s complete garbage.. MotoGP , moto are both vastly superior to any four wheeled Motorsport .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back