Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

A few years back, SEN had a talk back caller named Mario from Doncaster.

He was a real comic, making references to other clubs, in terms like ‘that minnow club, N%&f’, etc. He was excellent at winding up other callers as well.

Does anyone know if he gets on BF? I’d like to thank him for the laughs!

A few years back, SEN had a talk back caller named Mario from Doncaster.

He was a real comic, making references to other clubs, in terms like ‘that minnow club, N%&f’, etc. He was excellent at winding up other callers as well.

Does anyone know if he gets on BF? I’d like to thank him for the laughs!
He's made a mini comeback on SEN. I've heard him ring in a few times in recent weeks. I dunno if he's on here

Odd: Maher, et al, are on 1116 doing the current game (Crows vs Freo), and the Adelaide SEN guys are on SEN Fan on digital. Why wouldn't they just have the Adelaide call piped into Melbourne?
Perhaps different sponsors have been sold for each call?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odd: Maher, et al, are on 1116 doing the current game (Crows vs Freo), and the Adelaide SEN guys are on SEN Fan on digital. Why wouldn't they just have the Adelaide call piped into Melbourne?
SEN had a separate radio contract with the AFL, so whilst they could syndicate some of the games from AFL nation, they still had to do their own for some.

You see this during the finals where they have two call teams for most games, think the early saturday game is the same too.

On Mario from Doncaster - The Jackie O / Kennedy assassination call after a tigers loss was his magnum opus.
I also liked some of his sly references to Jon Dorotich's personal car park quirks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back