1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

If you allow every nuffie & window-licker the chance to speak on-air, then of course you will need more time to fit them all in.

This is where some quality control needs to come in, screen the calls before putting them to air and weed out the serial pests & weirdos.

And FFS, get rid of the "you call you get on" mantra, it's what is causing all the problems in the first place.
Mark for 1 and that snapper rat . Haven't heard the Carp from Woodend for awhile

If you allow every nuffie & window-licker the chance to speak on-air, then of course you will need more time to fit them all in.

This is where some quality control needs to come in, screen the calls before putting them to air and weed out the serial pests & weirdos.

And FFS, get rid of the "you call you get on" mantra, it's what is causing all the problems in the first place.

Thats what callers each and every one are.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but Luke Hodges attempts to be blokey and funny on SEN is cringe AF.
I don't think I've noticed it as much on seven as he plays it pretty straight as a special comments guy.
But seems like he's trying to branch out a bit on SEN with hot takes and Maher/Gaze style banter (which im not a fan of anyway).
It's just not his go, he is neither eloquent or funny, and he just comes across as the aggressive bully at school who would just shout you down to win an argument.
He's also almost as bad as Jobe when it comes to using words incorrectly.

Not sure if it's been mentioned before but Luke Hodges attempts to be blokey and funny on SEN is cringe AF.
I don't think I've noticed it as much on seven as he plays it pretty straight as a special comments guy.
But seems like he's trying to branch out a bit on SEN with hot takes and Maher/Gaze style banter (which im not a fan of anyway).
It's just not his go, he is neither eloquent or funny, and he just comes across as the aggressive bully at school who would just shout you down to win an argument.
He's also almost as bad as Jobe when it comes to using words incorrectly.
Jobe is shocking and Hodge is honest and great to listen to , who would you rather JJ !

Jobe is shocking and Hodge is honest and great to listen to , who would you rather JJ !
I shouldve prefaced I don't mind him on seven, it's on SEN that I can't stand him. As soon as he goes outside of his lane of analysing a live game he becomes a boorish bogan.

Have not found anything like it , turn him off
I like listening to sports day on drive home, but yeah probably won't listen on Mondays anymore, he brings a triple m/Sunday footy show energy which I don't think is SENs style (funnily enough I don't like Cornes when he is on 9 but don't mind him on SEN, he still talks crap but is good at letting guests speak).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
No other way to be good at footy.
I shouldve prefaced I don't mind him on seven, it's on SEN that I can't stand him. As soon as he goes outside of his lane of analysing a live game he becomes a boorish bogan.
No other way to be good at footy.

Holding ground atm . Look at RSN how do they justify it existing
I take it you are unfamiliar with how and why it exists. Ratings for it are essentially irrelevant. It’s owned by the 3 racing codes Gallops, Trots and Dogs. It’s a vehicle for promoting their industry and in effect wagering which funds it.

I take it you are unfamiliar with how and why it exists. Ratings for it are essentially irrelevant. It’s owned by the 3 racing codes Gallops, Trots and Dogs. It’s a vehicle for promoting their industry and in effect wagering which funds it.
Oh i know that , but paying grubs like Slobbo heaps doesn't justify them

I went to bed 11:35PM last nite, put my earpiece in and did had have any not bloody idea of what I was listening to, I still don't know what the nameof the program is.

Three women talking & laughing over each other about nonsense/irrelevant stuff which had no purpose or entertainment value.

They then went into a general knowledge/trivia quiz amongst themselves which isn't necessarily a bad thing if it is done smartly but this was horrrible. They gave themselves "buzzer" noises and each time they tried to answer a question they started with a long "uuuuummmmmmm". The two women trying to answer the questions got them so wrong it was tedious to listen to but when they eventually got a question right, all three giggled in unison & talked over themselves again.

Around 11:45, they mentioned that after the break, they would review the next game against the "western fever" which once again, I had no idea what they were talking about. Eventually I gleaned it was one of the national netball teams but you wouldn't know it from their discussion. Their review was limp, without any substance and downright boring.

They wrapped up their show at 11:56 and we were treated to a full 4-mins of ads followed by The Best Of Breakfast at midnight.

Jayzuz .............. this was terrible radio on so many levels and whoever came up with the program idea should be embarrassed with themselves ....... or better still, sacked.

I went to bed 11:35PM last nite, put my earpiece in and did had have any not bloody idea of what I was listening to, I still don't know what the nameof the program is.

Three women talking & laughing over each other about nonsense/irrelevant stuff which had no purpose or entertainment value.

They then went into a general knowledge/trivia quiz amongst themselves which isn't necessarily a bad thing if it is done smartly but this was horrrible. They gave themselves "buzzer" noises and each time they tried to answer a question they started with a long "uuuuummmmmmm". The two women trying to answer the questions got them so wrong it was tedious to listen to but when they eventually got a question right, all three giggled in unison & talked over themselves again.

Around 11:45, they mentioned that after the break, they would review the next game against the "western fever" which once again, I had no idea what they were talking about. Eventually I gleaned it was one of the national netball teams but you wouldn't know it from their discussion. Their review was limp, without any substance and downright boring.

They wrapped up their show at 11:56 and we were treated to a full 4-mins of ads followed by The Best Of Breakfast at midnight.

Jayzuz .............. this was terrible radio on so many levels and whoever came up with the program idea should be embarrassed with themselves ....... or better still, sacked.
It's a replay of the Mavericks show that was on at 8pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back