1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to bed 11:35PM last nite, put my earpiece in and did had have any not bloody idea of what I was listening to, I still don't know what the nameof the program is.

Three women talking & laughing over each other about nonsense/irrelevant stuff which had no purpose or entertainment value.

They then went into a general knowledge/trivia quiz amongst themselves which isn't necessarily a bad thing if it is done smartly but this was horrrible. They gave themselves "buzzer" noises and each time they tried to answer a question they started with a long "uuuuummmmmmm". The two women trying to answer the questions got them so wrong it was tedious to listen to but when they eventually got a question right, all three giggled in unison & talked over themselves again.

Around 11:45, they mentioned that after the break, they would review the next game against the "western fever" which once again, I had no idea what they were talking about. Eventually I gleaned it was one of the national netball teams but you wouldn't know it from their discussion. Their review was limp, without any substance and downright boring.

They wrapped up their show at 11:56 and we were treated to a full 4-mins of ads followed by The Best Of Breakfast at midnight.

Jayzuz .............. this was terrible radio on so many levels and whoever came up with the program idea should be embarrassed with themselves ....... or better still, sacked.
I listened to this show at 11pm after the Hall of Fame. I was going to post about it too but then thought I didn’t want to go hard at a Netball Show.
It was shocking. Just like 3 girls chatting over coffee about not much and laughing at each others jokes.
It needs a professional host to get them on track if it is to continue.

There are moments when shows come across as something you’d hear on community radio

I know all about community radio ;) and you are quite right.

In fact there are programs on comunity radio that are better presented than what you hear here.

Hutchy The Hutt is SO stingy he can't afford a new voice over for when G-rod is away (many times a year)
So it remains "This is Whateley" and "Give Gerard a Call" when it's clearly not.
Surely he could get one of his go-to-guys like Liam "RFK Jr" Pickering to knock something out fast... and cheap!

I normally only listen at night but as I have some documents to do, I'm under the headphones an streaming SEN.

This is the first time in a long time that I have listened to Dwayne Russell's show .............. what a circus that is !!!

Half of the callers can't string two words together and the crap they talk about is not worth listening to.

Russell's "Pressure Meter" topic is woeful and now he just said "Up next is Carlton's midfield coach Tim Clarke ahead of Patty Cripps 300th game".

FMD........... :rolleyes::oops:

I normally only listen at night but as I have some documents to do, I'm under the headphones an streaming SEN.

This is the first time in a long time that I have listened to Dwayne Russell's show .............. what a circus that is !!!

Half of the callers can't string two words together and the crap they talk about is not worth listening to.

Russell's "Pressure Meter" topic is woeful and now he just said "Up next is Carlton's midfield coach Tim Clarke ahead of Patty Cripps 300th game".

FMD........... :rolleyes::oops:
to think that programmers think thats entertaining.

for comparison, 6pm listened to the intro of kane and healys show, what do you think they're talking about?

3AW with jimmy bartel - the shows called wide world of sports and he emphasised this. Guest was a correspondent in london providing updates on the tennis and euros. insightful and educational.

for comparison, 6pm listened to the intro of kane and healys show, what do you think they're talking about?

3AW with jimmy bartel - the shows called wide world of sports and he emphasised this. Guest was a correspondent in london providing updates on the tennis and euros. insightful and educational.
SportsDay starts at 5.30 if your tuning it at 6 you’ve missed the intro

SportsDay starts at 5.30 if your tuning it at 6 you’ve missed the intro
Shane McEnerney called Gerard H "Jared" about 20 times!

Sam McClure let slip last year that Felgate charged 2K for a segment intro!! (not sure he was supposed to) but I reckon SEN equivalents would be cheaper, especially the Asian one who said she wanted 'Guy in her mouth' when doing a Pho ad!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe , but isn't that McLure goose on

Shane McEnerney called Gerard H "Jared" about 20 times!

Sam McClure let slip last year that Felgate charged 2K for a segment intro!! (not sure he was supposed to) but I reckon SEN equivalents would be cheaper, especially the Asian one who said she wanted 'Guy in her mouth' when doing a Pho ad!
Woody in the morning

Forgot to mention, woke up in the early hours of the morning the other day and listened to the radio for a bit till I nodded back to sleep.

There was a repeat of the 'live in the studio' interview (I think it was Cornes & Healy) with a guy who grew up in Sunbury and became a successful NBA podcaster/commentator in thge U.S.

Not only was this chap really easy to listen to, his background story was very interesting, well worth hearing.

There was another interview replayed before that one but I'm strugling to remember what it was, I do recall it was also very good.

The common link there is that the subject matter in both of those interviews was they were not AFL-based, it was a refreshing change.

It also further proved the point that I have been banging on about for some time (and working on with my 'super' document) that they have the ability to do way better than the utter repetitive tripe they keep trotting out and that a mix of subjects is far more entertaining.

Forgot to mention, woke up in the early hours of the morning the other day and listened to the radio for a bit till I nodded back to sleep.

There was a repeat of the 'live in the studio' interview (I think it was Cornes & Healy) with a guy who grew up in Sunbury and became a successful NBA podcaster/commentator in thge U.S.

Not only was this chap really easy to listen to, his background story was very interesting, well worth hearing.

There was another interview replayed before that one but I'm strugling to remember what it was, I do recall it was also very good.

The common link there is that the subject matter in both of those interviews was they were not AFL-based, it was a refreshing change.

It also further proved the point that I have been banging on about for some time (and working on with my 'super' document) that they have the ability to do way better than the utter repetitive tripe they keep trotting out and that a mix of subjects is far more entertaining.
Next up we talk about Isaac Heeney....again

You need to call Derrrrwayne at 1200 for midday madness and make this point cause remember.....YOU CALL YOU GET ON!! right after this 5 minute ad break.

‘The lines are lighting up’

Aka, no one’s actually calling so let’s have a break to fill the lines. Then prioritise usual suspects.

Hang on, you want to talk about something else? Hold the line for an hour. Got a very good point? We can only give you a couple seconds

Blah, blah, Battle to Hawthorn, blah blah, Battle to stay blah blah comp pick before Tassie.

You call you get on, we have some regulars lined up currently.

1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back