1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

SEG has completed its sale of the Perth Wildcats.

I think everyone will be happy about the news - SEG shareholders, employees, SEN listeners, and Perth Wildcats supporters.

"Houston ..... we have a problem"

FMD ... they are flogging that mob on-air.

Mate I seriously wish they'd switch up the in-app commercials every now and again. I'm so sick of hearing the same snipper from the Sounding Board, Houston's problem and whatever else all the time. The worst part is I only listen to the live stream for maybe 2 hours per week, and in that time I hear the same shit so many times

Forgot to mention, woke up in the early hours of the morning the other day and listened to the radio for a bit till I nodded back to sleep.

There was a repeat of the 'live in the studio' interview (I think it was Cornes & Healy) with a guy who grew up in Sunbury and became a successful NBA podcaster/commentator in thge U.S.

Not only was this chap really easy to listen to, his background story was very interesting, well worth hearing.

There was another interview replayed before that one but I'm strugling to remember what it was, I do recall it was also very good.

The common link there is that the subject matter in both of those interviews was they were not AFL-based, it was a refreshing change.

It also further proved the point that I have been banging on about for some time (and working on with my 'super' document) that they have the ability to do way better than the utter repetitive tripe they keep trotting out and that a mix of subjects is far more entertaining.

i strongly feel that when those on the station are interviewing afl persons, their questions are long winded to

a) fill in time
b) convince the guest and listener that they are knowledgable in afl matters
c) try to be mates
d) think they are mates

Contrast with non afl guests - questions are short and sharp, and allow the guest to elaborate and answers

Next up we talk about Isaac Heeney....again

or my fave, when they ask the guest if they know anything about "our game" afl. Have you watched any afl? If they arent able to integrate afl into the interview, close interview then ask each other "what would that be the equivalent of in afl?"

Mate I seriously wish they'd switch up the in-app commercials every now and again. I'm so sick of hearing the same snipper from the Sounding Board, Houston's problem and whatever else all the time. The worst part is I only listen to the live stream for maybe 2 hours per week, and in that time I hear the same shit so many times

guttas, fascias and douwnnnn pouyps

i get that the stations ads accommodate for a certain demographic (as all stations do), but do we aussies seriously sound like bogans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guttas, fascias and douwnnnn pouyps

i get that the stations ads accommodate for a certain demographic (as all stations do), but do we aussies seriously sound like bogans?

Then we have Maher and Gaze with the 'Tradies Hour' as if the rest of us should just turn off and rejoin after 4.

Hmm, I haven't thought about them. I wonder. They might just be on because Healy is a big fan

Healy is a fan, but it's complete tosh. The amount of garbage stats they come up with and meaningless conclusions on players and teams which border on the ridiculous. It's paralysis by analysis.

You need to give that commercial a go. As you’ll eventually learn that Houston, we don’t have a problem anymore, and that’s why they call themselves Steel Solutions.
I still miss Jaque from Zenier Mortgages, the bad credit experts.

The prevalence of the term "ball" to describe a kick has really come to the fore. What was a good kick is now a good ball. And it seems to be causing outrage. Player kicks the ball, its a good kick.

In cricket, we have used "ball" to describe the delivery itself. The action of the bowler is a "bowl". Should we therefore praise a wicket taking delivery as a good bowl?

Correct JB the flog started it and now we have sheep , IT IS A F ING KICK
“..a floaty ball”.

“..a floaty ball”.
Just about all SEN people have gone that way , wobbly balls , ground balls which used to be the balls on the ground . They are all sheep , even heard Hudson doing it .
I called in to the Pipe about it and all he said was he enjoys all callers , what a f wit .

1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back