1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Really enjoyed the history section with Shannon Gill this week on the different finals systems.
I remember all those incarnations of the Top 6 and then the initial Top 8 format.

Not sure which was worse - when it was 3vs4 and 5vs6 in the Top 6, or the 1vs8, 2vs7 etc in the Top 8 days. Although the WCE did benefit from the Top 6 wrinkle in '92.

The current format isn't perfect, but it's pretty good. Now we want to change it to a Top 10 (but not call it a Top 10....)

I remember all those incarnations of the Top 6 and then the initial Top 8 format.

Not sure which was worse - when it was 3vs4 and 5vs6 in the Top 6, or the 1vs8, 2vs7 etc in the Top 8 days. Although the WCE did benefit from the Top 6 wrinkle in '92.

The current format isn't perfect, but it's pretty good. Now we want to change it to a Top 10 (but not call it a Top 10....)
The finals system I hated was the one in 1998 that allowed to Crows to progress after the first week, despite finishing 5th and being totally smashed by Melbourne. :grinv1: Ah well, silly North shouldn't have been 6 goals 15 at half time in the Grand Final

Todays nuffie caller:

Collingwood supporter correctly calls out an fans who tar all blues fans with the same brush as that of the alleged bottle thrower. Explains that yeah they're upset about the one sided free kick count, but if collingwood received the (some) 50m penalty against sydney they'd be in the 8. Swings and roundabouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wisdom and experience of Stephen Quartermain was talking about how good the Hawks are, pleading that Hutchy lets him do Hawks Radio again, something about watching a bit of rugby league on TV, and then a few uneducated opinions about cricket.
Just keep the fried rice away from him!!

The wisdom and experience of Stephen Quartermain was talking about how good the Hawks are, pleading that Hutchy lets him do Hawks Radio again, something about watching a bit of rugby league on TV, and then a few uneducated opinions about cricket.
Speaking of Quarters, man he'd be a good get for SEN.

Both as a footy commentator over the weekend but also as a guest host/presenter or even an hour guest once a week. One of the good guys in footy who just has a passion for sport and lots of good stories.

Gary vs Tim on the petracca saga. Gary steadfast that he will stay.

Tim going the facetious route almost trolling Garry

Garry going down the Bigfooty route throwing in a different player as a comparison.

New ratings came out today. I've told yuz: the ratings are partly fickle bollocks that go up and down for no reason. SEN is no different or worse than it was during the last survey

1724737258030.png

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back