Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 9, 2002
MCG, pocket, Punt rd end
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Victory, Hereford
This kid is rapidly becoming my favourite player and I believe will be one of if not our most important midfielder over the next decade. When the trade happened I had my concerns but I completely understand now why Roos was desperate to get him. I can't wait to see him and Viney working together in the middle.

This kid is rapidly becoming my favourite player and I believe will be one of if not our most important midfielder over the next decade. When the trade happened I had my concerns but I completely understand now why Roos was desperate to get him. I can't wait to see him and Viney working together in the middle.
The lid, the lid!

;)

The lid, the lid!

;)
1Vs0m.gif

Guys from an outsiders prospective , I couldn't believe the negativity that came your way from some scribes. To me the deal has every chance of being a win/win or WIN/win to Melb. In general the guys you have brought in seem to be quite good gets , so has Roos been directly involved with this or is someone else? Anyway , after choosing to go another way on Wines , getting Tyson is smart to my mind. Looking at Caddy @ Geelong , you can see the advantage of getting a good kid already in the system rather than waiting a year or two.

Guys from an outsiders prospective , I couldn't believe the negativity that came your way from some scribes. To me the deal has every chance of being a win/win or WIN/win to Melb. In general the guys you have brought in seem to be quite good gets , so has Roos been directly involved with this or is someone else? Anyway , after choosing to go another way on Wines , getting Tyson is smart to my mind. Looking at Caddy @ Geelong , you can see the advantage of getting a good kid already in the system rather than waiting a year or two.
Caddy is a good comparison, he's doing very well for you guys.

They're in similar situations of kids down the pecking order in overstocked midfields who start to shine once they move to another club where they're among the top mids.

I remember him from his U/18 championships year which he absolutely dominated so not overly surprised with the form he has been showing. Still very happy though. We're lucky in a sense that it was GWS that picked him originally as I doubt a non-expansion club would have let him go for what I consider under his market value. When you consider that we rated Salem the third best player in the draft (whether this is true, or just spin I don't know) I think we sit pretty happy.

Some portions of the media tried really hard to make this trade look as bad as possible for us (pick 2 suddenly went from "Josh Kelly" pre-trade to "future Brownlow Medalist Josh Kelly" post-trade) but clearly they have NFI.

Wayyyyyy too early to say the trade was a win or that Tyson is going to be a permanent fixture in the middle for a decade but there are definitely some positive signs there. I also think the fact our midfield in generally is better stocked probably makes him seem better too. He isn't having to carry a team by himself and there are some decent senior players like Cross, Vince and Jones around him to help out.

Some portions of the media tried really hard to make this trade look as bad as possible for us (pick 2 suddenly went from "Josh Kelly" pre-trade to "future Brownlow Medalist Josh Kelly" post-trade) but clearly they have NFI.

The answer to the question of whether Tyson + Salem > Kelly really won't be known for another 5-7 years. However, I thought it seemed a win-win at the time of the trade, and I have a fair degree of confidence that it will continue to work out that way.

The answer to the question of whether Tyson + Salem > Kelly really won't be known for another 5-7 years. However, I thought it seemed a win-win at the time of the trade, and I have a fair degree of confidence that it will continue to work out that way.
If we really did rate Salem as the third best player in the draft, then it's already a win in some respects.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's looking the goods so far, him and Viney could be the nucleus of our stoppage work for the next 10 years.

These threads make me so nervous.* I know it's mostly all in good fun but geez I reckon we could have a 22 of 'Proclaimed Guns' that went on to do nothing.

*Not from, like, a real life point of view. But from a BigFooty point of view†

†Which may be more important than real life.

These threads make me so nervous.* I know it's mostly all in good fun but geez I reckon we could have a 22 of 'Proclaimed Guns' that went on to do nothing.

*Not from, like, a real life point of view. But from a BigFooty point of view†

†Which may be more important than real life.

B - - -
HB Bennell - -
C Morton Scully -
HF Sylvia Cook Bate
FF Maric Jurrah Wonaeamirri
R - McLean Gysberts

Harsh on Sylvia, but equally I resisted the urge to add blokes like Blease and Tapscott given they are still on the list.

B - - -
HB Bennell - -
C Morton Scully -
HF Sylvia Cook Bate
FF Maric Jurrah Wonaeamirri
R - McLean Gysberts

Harsh on Sylvia, but equally I resisted the urge to add blokes like Blease and Tapscott given they are still on the list.
Martin?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back