Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit to Woosh for reigniting his career. Never had issues with effort, just got caught out with his pace down back.

Been great for us with his defensive efforts up front,

Member since '73, we have had some absolute nutters play for us on my watch. Pound for pound Mark Baguley is the equal of any Essendon footballer I've watched in terms of toughness/bravery.

Harves owns the pound for pound title imo but yeah I'm happy for Bags to be in that discussion. Copped way too much criticism up until that last game for his defensive work & then for the Lamb bs. I challenge any smaller back in the league to be doing much better than what Bags was given what was going on up the field so it's been great to see him have a good game & get some recognition for his talents.

Member since '73, we have had some absolute nutters play for us on my watch. Pound for pound Mark Baguley is the equal of any Essendon footballer I've watched in terms of toughness/bravery.
Thank you Mr Baguley for your contribution.

Credit to Woosh for reigniting his career. Never had issues with effort, just got caught out with his pace down back.

Been great for us with his defensive efforts up front,

It’s actually a seriously smart move. They’ve given him an effort role, and the one thing you know with Baugley is that his effort will never wane

That tap to Tippa was absolutely brilliant.

Deserves a gif.

BADekb8.jpg

I'm guessing Bags' was a defensive role on Tuohy?

I thought it was Stewart predominantly... but granted I was pretty pissed by the end of the game :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back