Delisted 12. Wylie Buzza (2016-2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

Menegola aside, really they are just boys....patience required fellow posters.
I agree David. But I'll tell you what.... This bloke oozes charisma and if he is good enough to play an AFL game and god help him, clunk a few big contested grabs, he'll become alot of peoples favourite player very quickly.

Good luck to the lad....

Apologies if already posted but Buzz looks quite the athlete
Featured top 10 in a lot of the SA Combine testing ranging from leap , agility and repeat 20's.
Looks like he's not just a pretty face

After reading all the info out there on the Old Buzza he does have some credentials besides just size and height. Who knows - worthy of a shot.

Quite a few will follow him and you never know he could be another Blitz - who I think very few would have ever thought would have made it.

After reading all the info out there on the Old Buzza he does have some credentials besides just size and height. Who knows - worthy of a shot.

Quite a few will follow him and you never know he could be another Blitz - who I think very few would have ever thought would have made it.
Its a bit hard to miss him looking at the footage of training on the website.

As big as he looked V the other kids... at training he looked just a big frame with some work to do. But I think there is more than periphery there..think he has talent to be developed.

As big as he looked V the other kids... at training he looked just a big frame with some work to do. But I think there is more than periphery there..think he has talent to be developed.

I9 years old (but 20 in next March) - so might still have a cm in him but has likely hit his final height at 198 cm. That is a good height for a KPP these days. Hawkins is 197 (But obviously a bigger build). Lonergan is 197 cm, Clark (if he plays CHF) is 200 cms and Harry is a mere 193 cm. In other words he is a very decent height to take marks (assuming his arms are relative to his height).

He is 96.5 kgs. Maybe because he is a year older than most draftees he is a few kgs heavier but this weight is quite considerable if it is not puppy fat on some muscle. Stanley, our most likely second ruckman at the present, is 199 cm and 96 kgs and he has done quite a few pre-seasons in the AFL. In fact a good pre-season by Buzza could see him enter his first VFL game at 97/98 kgs.

So he may look a bit skinny now but I think if he plays well enough to play again next season he could be quite a sizeable player, even in relation to some of our bigger boys. Of course you need ability and the right head space to become a good AFL footballer. But if he is as hard at it, a hard hitting tackler and can take a grab - he has a chance because he has the physique clubs like. Tall, long arms and hard. At least there is something to work with if you have these 3 things going for you from the start.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May have selected the best bits on the jumper unveiling video but buzza looked good picking up the ball low cleanly and a couple of nice kicks on the left. Seemed to have a bit of zip too for a big man

For a 198cm he's fast and agile, that low mark about knee height was special, he's a bigger talent than rated in the draft imo. We might well have ourselves a future big man.(CHF)

I have a feeling that if the guy didn't look like Sideshow Bob he may have been looked at more seriously by the other clubs. I recall watching a game he played mid last year and thinking that he looked very good, but being surprised that his performance wasn't really enthused too much about. His kicking reminds me a lot of Peter Sumich. Not sure whether anyone else sees that?

I'm not sure where all this excitement is coming from.
We just traded away a ready-made key forward in Walker and we have now brought in another one who will take about four years to finally start playing consistent footy.

What exactly have we gained here?
Is this kid going to be ready to play next season when Vardy or Clark are injured?

I'm not sure where all this excitement is coming from.
We just traded away a ready-made key forward in Walker and we have now brought in another one who will take about four years to finally start playing consistent footy.

What exactly have we gained here?
Is this kid going to be ready to play next season when Vardy or Clark are injured?

The club has traded away a player they deemed, rightly or wrongly, to be unsuitable or lacking the skill to complement the GFC game plan and / or compete at the highest level with it.

In his place, they've traded in a youngster who they believe may, just may, have what it takes to do so.

That's trading. Exchanging players, sometimes good and bad, to improve your list, even if incrementally.

The science isn't exact, but it never will be.

given what Hamling, Christensen, Varcoe and Hunt went on to do in 2015, fingers crossed Jansen and Walker don't amount to much at all then.

Hamling played well, but wasn't influential; Christensen went of his own accord and didn't really excel; Varcoe played well but again not that influential, and Hunt? He didn't set the world on fire really.

influential or not, they are all best 22 for their respective teams.
Two of which played finals.

So what?...We need to be top 4 again to contend for premierships.....I thought THunt did particularly well coming from our reserves to play every game for Richmond, I always thought he had the talent to make it.
They weren't a bad team the tiges of 2015.

Don't think anyone else has suggested that.

Reckon Stanley and Smith might be handy back-ups in there.
We certainly have options for tall players at either end of the ground.

So whilst I'd have liked Walker to stay I am quite indifferent to him not being here. He was OOC and sought other opportunities, best of luck to him but cripple the club his departure will not!

I didn't want to see Walker go, but I can't see how we anyone can place expectations on Buzza.

Walker got several years development before he played seniors. Cant we let Buzza get the same before we judge? I hope he does become great - but im happy to give him time and no expectations - pick 66 or whatever….

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back