Senior 13. Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

It's also pretty outrageous the tank and run he has, he's like 193 cm and 92kg (according to Footywire).

Also amazingly I must have missed something along the way all this time. Where does his nickname Sheriff come from?

It's also pretty outrageous the tank and run he has, he's like 193 cm and 92kg (according to Footywire).

Also amazingly I must have missed something along the way all this time. Where does his nickname Sheriff come from?
Nickname from Freo that stuck. He used to collect all the player's fines (late for training, dropped marks at training etc) and hence got called "The Sheriff".

Thoroughly deserved Blake. Just a great winger and valuable addition to the team... can kick goals and save them too.

His finals deeds will live in Carlton folklore... and he's just getting started.

7 sets of audio for that famous goal. Never get tired of watching this:
Sounds of Acres' match-winning goal

The most magnificent 4mins and 15 sec you’ll ever see

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

From when Ollie marks the ball and kicks to Docherty, no Blues fan at the ground sat down until at least 10 min after the siren. Like nothing I've ever witnessed at the footy. So glad I got to share it with my 2 teenage sons. Etched in our brains and hearts forever.

From when Ollie marks the ball and kicks to Docherty, no Blues fan at the ground sat down until at least 10 min after the siren. Like nothing I've ever witnessed at the footy. So glad I got to share it with my 2 teenage sons. Etched in our brains and hearts forever.
Same. Nothing I’ve experienced at the footy before and shared it with my boys and best mate. My youngest cried. Will be etched in our family memory for a very long time.

Up there with the Fraser Brown tackle in 99 prelim.

I think Freo and Goldy are on a mission to out stupid each other

Ha ha, true.

I can see why GC don’t place full value on their picks because they have had so many gifted to them from AFL house and therefore have lost all sense of “trade smarts “ but for the life of me I can’t understand Freo’s nuffery!!!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

BT’s call makes me laugh every time!

“Acres, he never misses, he wins all the time”

His voice is a weird mashup of enthusiastic excitement given the dying stages of the game and the agony he is feeling cos it’s the blues being the phoenix rising against all odds!!!

Salty tears and all that!!

I can’t remember but doesn’t he basically insult the Carlton crowd after the win as being brainless or something??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy is so consistent. You know what you’re getting every week. His only real weakness is his kicking but even that is really very solid now. 67 percent kick efficiency for a guy who gets over 400 metres gained and plenty of contested ball is really very good. The odd wtf kick. That’s it.

I wouldn’t swap him for any other full time winger in the afl (Errol plays plenty on ball and you can ****ing have Josh Daicos).

His uncle would run the 1,500 at school and interschool events and win by at least 3-400 m, so it's in the genes.

always seems to be in the right place at the right time to chop out defence or kick the sealer. not always with the right disposal though if that time is running down the wing. but you know come the end of the game he'll be bobbing up for an important touch. what a steal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back