Player Watch #13: Jack Higgins

Remove this Banner Ad

Higgins will be super next year, and i mean super.....we have overs on those type of players and he probably felt he wouldn't get a chance to play, he saw Butler doing well and thought he could achieve the same. All the best to him and time to move on.

Every year some come - some go - some are a loss - some are well ... good riddance and happy to see them go - others well - oh well - good luck.

This bloke - showed he can play footy - wasn't really in our best 22 - probably a fringe player - by the sounds of it he might have been a bit silly in the hub and generally what happens off the field - has a huge bearing to what happen on the field.

So - Snags - good luck with your new club - we wish you well - hope you mature - but leaving probably wont effect us.

Cannot hide my disappointment around seeing him go, I think it’s a real shame to see a young talented player to leave the club. Especially someone who was such fun and enjoyable to watch.

I wish him all the very best with the future and his career at StKilda. Good luck Snags!

what a truly sh*t deal. Very weak as piss negotiating by us. We might be elite everywhere else, but at trade time we are really not doing much during our dynasty. every player that has left we have received sh*t compo for - Butler, Higgins, Lloyd, B.Elllis - all dollars we gave up for cents.
At least Rance is coming back.
yeah mate would like to believe you :rolleyes: and by your sign on date go and listen to your favourite song 'johnny come lately, there's a new kid in town'. :D

A first round pick 17 for us in 2017, plays 40 odd games for the best team across the three years since. Injury a contributor to missing our best 22 last year and arguably this year due to lack of continuity of training. Its not like he couldn't get a game with the wooden spooners. Some ongoing risk around lingering effects of brain injury? I didn't think so but who knows.

What he is worth to us is not what he is worth. Agree he is not an ideal fit for a small forward in our gameplan due to speed but its not like he can't find the footy and he's a ready made best 22 forward flanker / pocket in most sides.

At face value it looks unders but if we are in effect getting an early second rounder next year suppose its ok. Fourth rounder next year - would we even use it? Upgrade on first rounder this year worth something. Breakeven at best.

Death riding Saints next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Higgins could of been in our best team. He just had to work his arse off. He is obviously not prepared to do that so he took the easy route.
Wish him well but this gives a real insight to his attitude.

Higgins could of been in our best team. He just had to work his arse off. He is obviously not prepared to do that so he took the easy route.
Wish him well but this gives a real insight to his attitude.
That's a whole bunch of criticism based on hypotheticals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back