Player Watch #13: Jack Higgins

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond 2017
Premiership
Norm Smith Medalist
Brownlow medalist
Liston Trophy winner
and now the Morrish Medalist!!!

Looked on draft central he had a 3.10 20m so not quick at all. Unless Bishop has other results??
Don’t worry about that bullshit.
It’s how quick they are upstairs that makes and breaks them unless they are snail slow which none of them are.

The bloke was genuinely stoked to get to us. A lot of people are comparing him to Toby Greene... If he is anything like Toby Greene minus the d-head factor then we have absolutely found one here.

Averaged 145 SuperCoach points in 33 junior games, pipping Tom Rockliff. Consistently ranks elite for disposals, contested possessions and score involvements.
437689_62d0ad4240c2058f0f9dff3013218ff9.png

I reckon I read somewhere that Higgins had the highest rating by Champion Data of all the draftees. I think we just drafted a ripper.

It was the highest rating of anyone since CD started recording stats I think. Unless I heard wrong.

Love it when opposition recruiters overlook obviously talented players due to size, speed, go home factor, injury-prone etc etc when they have been one of the best players for their age. I think its just them looking for an excuse not to pick a player or peoples obsession with 'what's their weaknesses'.

One of the biggest factors that made us so successful this year was that we focused on the players strengths instead of always trying to fix their weaknesses. The results speak for themselves.

I don't care how small this guy is. His stats, awards and highlights reel speak for themselves. This kid will be a star for us!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he looks a bit like lambo to me , but need to see alot more. with higgins, graham, naish cellis menadue shorty bolton stengle coming thru our midfield talent has indeed snowballed

Yeah good call on Lambo comparison, I thought Prestia because he played the midfield accumulator role in the 2016 TAC Cup similar to Dion play's with us but Higgins' 2017 definitely closer to Lambert.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back