Traded 13. Lachlan Fogarty (2018 -2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

After the draft had finished I went and had a chat to all the draftees, with Lachie in shock really about being picked up by Geelong. He said how happy he was and seemed really excited to play with Gaz especially
On another note, a certain player who attended the draft saw me in the hoops and said to me how he was disappointed we didn't pick him up, anyone want to know who it was?

Wooller i bet. Or McCartin but most likely Wooller. Hope you told him he can come back in 2 yrs.

After the draft had finished I went and had a chat to all the draftees, with Lachie in shock really about being picked up by Geelong. He said how happy he was and seemed really excited to play with Gaz especially
On another note, a certain player who attended the draft saw me in the hoops and said to me how he was disappointed we didn't pick him up, anyone want to know who it was?

Wooller

Nathan Murphy would you believe, i asked him the cricket score he told me it, then he said how he was a bit disappointed we didn't pick him up...

Interesting i imagine it would have been a really close call between him and constable. This is basically like when we chose the cricket convert in ghs (murphy this time) over the natural footballer (parker) but in reverse this time. Hopefully this decision works out better than that one did.

Nathan Murphy would you believe, i asked him the cricket score he told me it, then he said how he was a bit disappointed we didn't pick him up...
I'm led to believe Geelong gave him an understanding that we were going to take him. I'm guessing there were a few curve balls early on and the situation changed. I know we didn't expect Fogarty to be there at 22.

Last edited:
People were complaining that Constable looks slow, yet his 20m sprint was 3.05secs; which is faster than Murphy at 3.16secs for the 20m.

I have to laugh at that classification... people are calling kids slow with a 0.2 sec difference..

2.9 - 3.1...

not having a go at you but getting the undies all wadded up over 2/10ths of a second...

yup.. that will be the difference between making it and not....

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None, which is why I find this hard to believe.
Don't believe it then if you want to be like that, i'm just telling you what he said..
Also i was chatting to Adam Cerra and Brayshaw, and they said how Constable really had the ability to go top ten, but just his speed is down. Its probably his speed in the fourth quarter, not the first when he would be able to run a 3.05 20m

Don't believe it then if you want to be like that, i'm just telling you what he said..
Also i was chatting to Adam Cerra and Brayshaw, and they said how Constable really had the ability to go top ten, but just his speed is down. Its probably his speed in the fourth quarter, not the first when he would be able to run a 3.05 20m
Got to remember 3.05 is a test time.
If his natural instinct is not to take 4 quick steps when he has the ball then yes he will be regarded as slow.

Constable reminds me of a blend of Lonergan and Goddard. Wierd pairing I know. Neither of those are quick.

“A really classy, balanced footballer who loves tackling and has eye-catching agility and speed.

Scouting notes: Clean and polished midfielder who wins the ball in both contested and uncontested situations. A good decision maker by hand or foot, who tackles hard to win the ball back. Has smarts and knows where the goals are. Unfairly flies under the radar and is right in the mix as a late first round pick.

Strengths: Agility, accumulation, speed, class, tackling
Improvements: Consistency in disposal, one-on-one marking

Lachlan Fogarty is one of the most underrated players in the 2017 draft crop.

Fogarty has elite agility and his trademark sidestep is eye-catching, while he has that breakaway speed and a touch of class to go with his offensive game. He has no trouble finding the pill and even more impressively averaged eight tackles per game from seven matches in the TAC Cup, showing he has a strong defensive mindset as well. Fogarty has a really good all-round game and the two improvements that could be added to further enhance his game is consistency in his disposal and his one-on-one marking.

Matt Balmer
https://www.afldraftcentral.com.au/...s-2017-final-afl-draft-power-rankings-part-2/

Lachlan+Fogarty+AFL+U18+Championships+isGMbLa8n49l.jpg
Lachlan+Fogarty+2017+AFL+Draft+Je5sGeTWeAEl.jpg

Really like the sound of Fogarty!

"Fogarty has all the attributes a club would want in a midfielder. He’s quick, a clean user of the footy, a natural ball winner and a good tackler but in spite of this, has struggled to break into top-20 calculations. The only thing holding him back is his size, standing at 179cm and 75kg, there are question marks about his ability to be a full-time midfielder.

Such is the way the game has evolved in the last decade, a player standing at just under six feet tall is having his potential questioned. Where 180cm for a midfielder was ideal 10 years ago, 190cm is now the norm.

Regardless, small players have certainly made their mark in the game and the club which drafts Fogarty can be confident they will be getting a slick, natural footballer. Fogarty is certainly flying under the radar and will be an ideal fit for a club looking for speed and class through the middle."
https://www.zerohanger.com/2017-afl-draft-prospects-lachlan-fogarty-16594/

Wow! A 10cm increase in midfielders' height in ten years?

"Size: 179cm, 75kg

Bio: A diminutive midfielder, Fogarty has impressed throughout the year with his ability to win his own footy and apply pressure on the inside. But it’s his tackling ability that has recruiters excited. He simply wants to tackle and will do it all day. He’s clean in possession and he’s generally a good decision-maker with ball in hand. He can also go forward and hit the scoreboard, making him a dangerous smaller option inside 50. There, his desire to run and attack allows him to hustle opposition defenders. He averaged 25.1 disposals and 9.7 tackles per game in the TAC Cup, kicking nine goals from seven matches."
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...t/news-story/1b09b573ed36a99f23e68adc6f96d9ed

Loving Fogarty!

Player Focus

Kicking two of his three goals from stoppages within 20m from goal, Lachlan Fogarty was listed as Western's best for the third week in a row. Fogarty proved to be a match winner in Western's 23-point win against Calder. Fogarty, in his last chance to impress recruiters before the Under-18 All Star match, gathered 24 disposals, 11 contested possessions, 15 tackles, six clearances, seven inside 50s and three goals.

i
Another lazy game, like Dangerfield? :p

Very excited about this pick. We desperately need someone like this who can tackle and apply pressure like their life depends on it. Great selection.
Seems that Miers has intense I50 pressure, so that will relieve pressure on Menzel to tackle + focus on kicking goals ;)

just waiting for someone to kindly ask me how I know his Mum's name is Mary, so that I can reveal where I heard it .. :rolleyes:

just looking at the vid catempire posted; always hard to tell much from these vids as they never include the times young players stuff up - but I do like the way he's comfortable swinging onto the left foot when necessary ..
As I'm only on page one, has anyone asked you: 'How do you know Fogarty's Mum is Mary?'

;)

When I heard we got Fogarty I was straight on the phone to someone on the coaching panel at WJ and this is his response
“He’s a gun mate.... never seen a kid chase, harass and tackle like him. He plays like Kieran Jack
They got him for a steal in my opinion“

Exactly what we need!

giphy.gif

“A really classy, balanced footballer who loves tackling and has eye-catching agility and speed.

Scouting notes: Clean and polished midfielder who wins the ball in both contested and uncontested situations. A good decision maker by hand or foot, who tackles hard to win the ball back. Has smarts and knows where the goals are. Unfairly flies under the radar and is right in the mix as a late first round pick.

Strengths: Agility, accumulation, speed, class, tackling
Improvements: Consistency in disposal, one-on-one marking

Lachlan Fogarty is one of the most underrated players in the 2017 draft crop.

Fogarty has elite agility and his trademark sidestep is eye-catching, while he has that breakaway speed and a touch of class to go with his offensive game. He has no trouble finding the pill and even more impressively averaged eight tackles per game from seven matches in the TAC Cup, showing he has a strong defensive mindset as well. Fogarty has a really good all-round game and the two improvements that could be added to further enhance his game is consistency in his disposal and his one-on-one marking.

Matt Balmer
https://www.afl*******************/...s-2017-final-afl-draft-power-rankings-part-2/

Lachlan+Fogarty+AFL+U18+Championships+isGMbLa8n49l.jpg
Lachlan+Fogarty+2017+AFL+Draft+Je5sGeTWeAEl.jpg

Really like the sound of Fogarty!

"Fogarty has all the attributes a club would want in a midfielder. He’s quick, a clean user of the footy, a natural ball winner and a good tackler but in spite of this, has struggled to break into top-20 calculations. The only thing holding him back is his size, standing at 179cm and 75kg, there are question marks about his ability to be a full-time midfielder.

Such is the way the game has evolved in the last decade, a player standing at just under six feet tall is having his potential questioned. Where 180cm for a midfielder was ideal 10 years ago, 190cm is now the norm.

Regardless, small players have certainly made their mark in the game and the club which drafts Fogarty can be confident they will be getting a slick, natural footballer. Fogarty is certainly flying under the radar and will be an ideal fit for a club looking for speed and class through the middle."
https://www.zerohanger.com/2017-afl-draft-prospects-lachlan-fogarty-16594/

Wow! A 10cm increase in midfielders' height in ten years?

"Size: 179cm, 75kg

Bio: A diminutive midfielder, Fogarty has impressed throughout the year with his ability to win his own footy and apply pressure on the inside. But it’s his tackling ability that has recruiters excited. He simply wants to tackle and will do it all day. He’s clean in possession and he’s generally a good decision-maker with ball in hand. He can also go forward and hit the scoreboard, making him a dangerous smaller option inside 50. There, his desire to run and attack allows him to hustle opposition defenders. He averaged 25.1 disposals and 9.7 tackles per game in the TAC Cup, kicking nine goals from seven matches."
https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...t/news-story/1b09b573ed36a99f23e68adc6f96d9ed

Loving Fogarty!

Nice bunch of stuff there HK ... I do like this comment ... "A good decision maker by hand or foot" ... I think thats closer to the truth than him being a good kick. Plenty of good kicks have Black Puddings on their shoulders in a game ... so with the Fog and CC we have had some smart footballers ... its as if we looked at the way we played under pressure in finals , looked at poor decisions under pressure and decided it was an are we need to bolster ...

FYI ... when posting from that site .... you always get **** .

https://www.afl*******************/...s-2017-final-afl-draft-power-rankings-part-2/
copy "afldraftcentral" into the *****
https://www.afldraftcentral/2017/11/20/matt-balmers-2017-final-afl-draft-power-rankings-part-2/

I have to laugh at that classification... people are calling kids slow with a 0.2 sec difference..

2.9 - 3.1...

not having a go at you but getting the undies all wadded up over 2/10ths of a second...

yup.. that will be the difference between making it and not....

GO Catters
boy did you misinterpret that post. he didnt call murphy slow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded 13. Lachlan Fogarty (2018 -2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back