Traded #13: Orazio Fantasia - Off to Carlton as a delisted free agent, scored a 2 year deal?

Would you take Razzle Dazzle back at the Hangar?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

When he is making 700 plus meters then we are looking pretty quick through the middle. Great game and he worked really hard last night. What you want from your leaders.:thumbsu:

When he is on we are such a better side.

I love, and I mean love, him up forward but a game like last week underlines how good he can be through the midfield. On balance, I think I prefer him in there.

Please sign him up.

I'm very worried about this, as I have been since the day we signed him that South Australian teams will throw the kitchen sink to get him back there...

It's probably my biggest fear when we fall apart like we do, that our S.A recruits (That red head too) want to go home.

When he is on we are such a better side.

I love, and I mean love, him up forward but a game like last week underlines how good he can be through the midfield. On balance, I think I prefer him in there.
Agree. Having said that, he still plays/rests forward anyway. I don't know his percentage breakdown, but even in games when he plays mostly midfield, he still heads into the F50 for large parts of the game. I think it's the perfect way to play him.

I'm very worried about this, as I have been since the day we signed him that South Australian teams will throw the kitchen sink to get him back there...

It's probably my biggest fear when we fall apart like we do, that our S.A recruits (That red head too) want to go home.
Not worried, Orazio and Stringer are very close. Doubt he'll leave on his own unless he has a partner from SA.

Not worried, Orazio and Stringer are very close. Doubt he'll leave on his own unless he has a partner from SA
I believe his girlfriend is currently in SA, studying teaching (primary school) according the recent Don Air podcast.

I believe his girlfriend is currently in SA, studying teaching (primary school) according the recent Don Air podcast.
Yeah that's not ideal. Really no point in stressing about it though, players are much freer to move now and if he wants to go back to SA he will. Nothing we can do about it if it is what he wants.

Yeah he better uproot his life in the centre of footy so he can be closer to his primary school teaching GF...

Sounds so inane

In the podcast he just says she's studying teaching. Where did you get that she's in SA? fwiw studying in another state isn't actually a massive time commitment. If it's online you don't have to even go to that state at all except for graduation, unless there's some sort of condensed classes that run for a week mid-semester (e.g. lab work in a science degree).

Also last I heard he doesn't seem to actually miss SA, loves life in Melbourne and loads of friends here. Could do a Wanganeen I suppose but 🤷‍♀️ Loads of guys at the club come from interstate and most don't seem to have any great draw to go home. It's an aspect of the club that they seem to manage quite well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone tell me, is the metreage stat fair dinkum? Are the meters calculated forward of the player, as meters gained? ...or just as meters per disposal? I'm questioning how legit it is for example, when certain players pass back or sideways.

Can someone tell me, is the metreage stat fair dinkum? Are the meters calculated forward of the player, as meters gained? ...or just as meters per disposal? I'm questioning how legit it is for example, when certain players pass back or sideways.
It's all disposals put together, both ineffective and effective. I think it's considered effective if it is to a teammate or over a certain distance (I forget the exact number) closer to your own goal. You get negative metres gained for passing backwards or passing to an opponent, which is why some players end with a negative number, or a very low one.

It's usually presented as a raw number for total metres gained. If you want metres gained per disposal then you need to find that out yourself by dividing the total metres gained by the total disposals by that player in that game.

ImageCompositionServlet

Back