AFL Player #14: Jordan Ridley - Could possibly play next week maybe - 12/5

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i’m biased because he’s absolutely my favourite player currently playing, but he’s our second most important player. he’s classy, smart, and plays above and beyond his level when he needs to.

i can’t recall a game he’s played in the past few years that he hasn’t been a genuinely solid rock (sans injuries). he’s consistent. he’s great.

can’t say how glad i am he’s locked away

Second most important is selling him short, I'd argue he's more important than Merrett. I love Zach but we almost took Collingwood down without him on ANZAC Day. Whereas every single time Ridley is out we look like the worst team in football (and today was no different).

Second most important is selling him short, I'd argue he's more important than Merrett. I love Zach but we almost took Collingwood down without him on ANZAC Day. Whereas every single time Ridley is out we look like the worst team in football (and today was no different).
Reminds of a game against Adelaide a few years back - we won by a couple of points, I said to a mate at the time without him we probably lose by 8 goals he was that good and most that ordinary. Pure class, hard at it and an athlete, would have been a lock in any of our premiership teams I have seen (going back to the 80s). Quite worrying he was out for so long and has had a reocurrence. Scott will see to it that we get the best rehabilitation for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridley has become one of our most important players.
When he goes down, our team just wilts.

Unsure who can take his place readily though. Cox is still learning and can get thrown off the ball. Heppel poor kicking and way too slow. Laverde has poor decision making. Ideally it would be Baldwin, but just our luck he's out injured too.

Ridley has become one of our most important players.
When he goes down, our team just wilts.

Unsure who can take his place readily though. Cox is still learning and can get thrown off the ball. Heppel poor kicking and way too slow. Laverde has poor decision making. Ideally it would be Baldwin, but just our luck he's out injured too.
Didn’t we have the chance to pick up a mature-age defender-type during the SSP or whatever it is but we turned it down in the end? 🤔

Frustrating injury to one of our most important players. This is a natural warning of why long term contracts are not worth it, especially when you consider the injury issues past two seasons.

Clearly something is missing in our training program if guys do the same injury over and over. Gotta hope it is a mild strain and we are only looking at the first month without him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back