Past #15: Ben Ross - #3 in '06 PSD - delisted at end '11 season - JJL '12 VFL winner - HFC rookie '14

Who Will Be Better

• Ben Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cameron Thurley

• Lance Piciaone

• Shane Harvey

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Weaver picked 44 out of the top 50 this year.

Had Ross at pick 44 - here is his description

44. Ben Ross (Collingwood). Ross has speed and some flair. Very much an old-style winger / HFF who likes to get amongst the goals. Will start his AFL career as a small-forward. Tackles well which is important in the modern FP. Maybe lacks a little size, can get tagged out of games and needs to work on his defensive side. The Pie midfield is getting quicker and Ross would suit that perfectly

Never heard of him. Any details?

One of the sexiest men in the NRL playing with the Sharks. I didn't realise he had switched codes. He's a prop so not that quick and certainly not known for his goal kicking. Most likely to play tall in the backline. I would have thought an AFL player would have been a better pick.

Ben Ross

Please put any info on the kid here.
All I know is he has been training with St Kilda.
Comes from Gipsland Power.

Has some outstanding Draft Camp sprint results:
20-metre sprint
Nathan Krakouer - 2.83 sec
Nathan Djerrkura - 2.90 sec
Nathan Brown - 2.91 sec
Simon Hogan - 2.91 sec
Brock O'Brien - 2.92 sec
Shaun Grigg - 2.92 sec
Ben Reid - 2.93 sec
Ben Ross - 2.94 sec
Clint Benjamin - 2.95 sec
Travis Boak - 2.96 sec

Weaver picked 44 out of the top 50 this year.

Had Ross at pick 44 - here is his description

44. Ben Ross (Collingwood). Ross has speed and some flair. Very much an old-style winger / HFF who likes to get amongst the goals. Will start his AFL career as a small-forward. Tackles well which is important in the modern FP. Maybe lacks a little size, can get tagged out of games and needs to work on his defensive side. The Pie midfield is getting quicker and Ross would suit that perfectly

oooooohhhhhhhh THAT Ben Ross. The other one would have been much better for PR in QLD.

One of the sexiest men in the NRL playing with the Sharks. I didn't realise he had switched codes. He's a prop so not that quick and certainly not known for his goal kicking. Most likely to play tall in the backline. I would have thought an AFL player would have been a better pick.

Mate, you're taking a p1ss here while some on this board will believe you. Stop confusing them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Ben Ross

I love the look of that sprint test.

Great to see us add a couple of guys with pace and skill in Ross and Thomas.

Anyone know how tall he is?

Please put any info on the kid here.
All I know is he has been training with St Kilda.
Comes from Gipsland Power.

Has some outstanding Draft Camp sprint results:
20-metre sprint
Nathan Krakouer - 2.83 sec
Nathan Djerrkura - 2.90 sec
Nathan Brown - 2.91 sec

Is it just me or is there a theme happening here???

Im pretty sure its that blonde bloke that kicked 4 goals in the game Hansen gets knocked out for Vic Country, he gives a interview after the game.

Hes a crumber.

Im pretty sure its that blonde bloke that kicked 4 goals in the game Hansen gets knocked out for Vic Country, he gives a interview after the game.

Hes a crumber.

Well he does have bright blonde hair.

How is DJAAAAAARS supposed to get a game with all these small forwards coming in.

Farce.

Whyman is ready to play now, Ross looked fantastic in the junior championships but he is probably a few years away from realistic senior selection so Whyman has time to make his mark. Besides, we have no pocket players at present so we have room for 2.

Hes a crumber.

yeah, i remember now, i was wondering why he didnt get picked up in the national because of how good he played in that game, i think we got a bargain

Hes a crumber.

That is the bloke, he was one of the three I named as being someone I wanted the club to look into picking up. Ben Ross headed the list followed by Jarrod Harbrow and Tom Hurley.

He was very good in the championship games.

Back