Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Good game tonight - Dempsey has been a weird dude in 2014 - Rock solid in a purely defensive sense ( which has always been a knock ) but hasn't give much in an attacking sense.

obviously the two chase down tackles were a highlight.. but still too patchy for my liking.

Saw promising glimpses but need a lot lot more out of this bloke if we are to make a last ditch effort for finals this year...

I don't think he will ever reach 'top gear' this year. Played pretty well tonight and a couple of great run down tackles were a highlight. I hope that he can be motivated to really train the house down in the preseason for next year and then we might be able to see him at his best again next year. Still wouldn't mind seeing him up forward occasionally if Gleeson gets fit and back in the team.

Cannot quite believe what I am seeing from Dempsey. He is a shadow of himself pre-injury at SCG last year at which point he was one of our best players.

His disposal and ball handling continues to be poor even if he is getting his hands on the ball.

Have to say that I think that he is another who is benefiting from the age of and/or injuries to those who woul dbe directly competing with him for a spot. He is not exactly playing at a standard that has his position immune to challenge.

Dempsey always takes time to build into a season. His ball handling, awareness and disposal always take a while (longer then most) but then he eventually finds his rhythm and everything clicks.Tonight was his best game for the year by a mile.

Thompson gave a perfect analysis of Dempsey in his presser - when he focuses on beating his man and then builds on that to attack and create (as he did tonight) he can be a very, very good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best of 2014...glad to see him building towards our late run at the finals.

Really important player for us. Did some great things last night, his tackling, pressure and disposal were great.

100th game this week. Really hope he gets to take his kids out with him.

Underrated game last night. Only conceded 1 goal for the game again, and his 2 runs through the middle were delightful to watch.

I reckon he'll get 20 touches, 4 rebound 50's and 2 GA's vs Sydney while keeping Lewis Jetta to 15 touches, 1 goal and no assists.

That play right at then end... ball came deep in defence, it either hit the pack or the ground but ball went high in the air.. Demps reads it first, one takes it in one hand.. feeds the handball out... watching him in the after game interview, seemed so excited. Love him, hope he never leaves the club. Are any of his kids boys?

That play right at then end... ball came deep in defence, it either hit the pack or the ground but ball went high in the air.. Demps reads it first, one takes it in one hand.. feeds the handball out... watching him in the after game interview, seemed so excited. Love him, hope he never leaves the club. Are any of his kids boys?
One boy, one girl

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #15: Courtenay Dempsey - Delisted - 28/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back