Toast #15 Tom Swift

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as we like to bag the selection committee, they generally do pick the guys who are performing the best in the WAFL, which I don't think we can complain about.

He has been emergency for a while now, if he puts in another strong performance this week I would be very surprised if he doesn't come in against Melbourne.

This year, you mean? Cause he played at least a couple of games in early 2009 before his debut that were 5x better, he was seriously damaging.

I should probably add best game from the ones I have seen.

With that game he was good inside and out, linked up and spread well and hit every target with precision. As well as kicking a crunch goal late in the 4th on a 35 deg day.

Id add points for playing that well on such a hot day. Not to mention the fact he was off the ground a couple of times with a few hard hits but came back on.

I have seen him play very good WAFL games but he would always have a few brain fade kicks where he dropped his intensity/focus, last week he was flawless and switched on for 4 quarters.

Good to hear. Lets hope he keeps his form up and stays in team. He is the one player who could take our midfield to another level. I still have high hopes for Masten and Swift.

[YOUTUBE]ORdVz9hVy7Q[/YOUTUBE]

Swift's highlights vs. Port Adelaide. Gotta love the play that sets up Hurn's goal!

Great to see him put in so many 1%ers and throw his head over the ball all day, definitely deserves to hold his spot in the team for a while and hopefully he can put in another good showing against the Blues!

Seriously needs to cut his hair. just needs a blazer now and would be a typical university student.

Pfffft, same could be said about Lynch.

neeeeerds%2521.jpg

Swift had another solid game on the weekend.
I really believe he will become a fine player if we are patient enough. It will be very gradual though I suspect.
His ability to nudge players of the ball and get first hands to it is first class. Got rid of Murphy a few times in this way.
Final quarter aside, his disposal was very clean.
Another pre season will do him wonders.
After his last two performances against port and Carlton he will be starting to really believe that he belongs and can excel at this level.
I really hope he can string together enough consistency to hold his spot in the team for the remainder of the year.
After his blistering finish to 09, I think Swift will be a slow burn success story.

[youtube]ORdVz9hVy7Q[/youtube]

Swift's highlights vs. Port Adelaide. Gotta love the play that sets up Hurn's goal!

Great to see him put in so many 1%ers and throw his head over the ball all day, definitely deserves to hold his spot in the team for a while and hopefully he can put in another good showing against the Blues!

Great goal at the end there, "You bet he does"

Status
Not open for further replies.