162 points go you little beauty "gablett"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect, he got it at a perfect time. 162 will be his lowest score all season

The way I assessed the feasibility of getting Ablett was

Ablett $710K versus
Cross $560K (example only)

The difference is $150K so to get Cross to Ablett it cost $150K for one trade. I'd rather pay the extra $150K and save the trade, which I make up for using that trade to get a rookie in. So for example I trade L.Anthony to a rookie who plays 2 good games in a row to make the $150K. So even if Ablett drops to say $560K in week 7 - I still think it's worth it as you have the benefit of Ablett for the 7 weeks, whereas people who wait until Ablett gets to $560K will have to trade for him to save the $150K, but with that trade you can make with the rookie upgrade/sideways trade.

Not sure if this is clear, but I can't be bothered reading my philospical, strategic mumbo jumbo advice...But I emphasise the cost you are paying is not $710K but the difference between that $710K to the alternative. :confused::confused: I think I just confused myself

I don't understand, all I got from that was that you have Ablett. Good man!

I didn't actually watch the game but according to fanfooty gablett went head to head with mitchell. is this true?? if so i can't see many other teams not trying to tag ablett out of the game and hopefully keeping his scores down a bit.

i have judd as captain and he scored 136 with a pretty tight tag so i'm pretty happy still.

Jeez So many non believers still... or is that sour grapes?

You question if he will keep it up all year?

We are talking about the same player that broke 250 last year right?

The player who's price got up above $800 000 right?

Same player who finished the entire 2008 season with an average of 132.2?

The same guy who missed 4 gamess and STILL nearly took out the brownlow even with the likes of Bartel, Selwood and Corey in his team taking his votes?

Same dude who comes out round 1 of 2009 and scores an easy 162 agains last years premiers?

Did you check what he scored in his last match? The Pre season grand final against the pies.. 156

Hmmm wonder why he was worth $712 100 :confused:

P.S

Ottens will not keep up that kind of scoring.

I have Gary in my team but made Bartel captain this week :mad:
Seriously what was i thinking?
I've learnt my lesson, and its gary captain every week from now on

It's more about maintaining and surpassing their average from last year then consistently scoring massive numbers each week. He's not worth 700k if he averages 120, and he's also not worth 700k if he only plays 20 games either.

gee virgil, thanks dude for the the heads up........maybe by rd 11-14 gazza's worth drops down to the magical amount in your head that his worth.

gee virgil, thanks dude for the the heads up........maybe by rd 11-14 gazza's worth drops down to the magical amount in your head that his worth.

Dont forget that you'll save maybe 100K on him but don't have him for the first half of the season.

All this trash about WHEN he comes down; IF he comes down. It's simple really..if you dont have him now you are missing time with the best SC player in your side. Can anyone afford that?

The way I assessed the feasibility of getting Ablett was

Ablett $710K versus
Cross $560K (example only)

The difference is $150K so to get Cross to Ablett it cost $150K for one trade. I'd rather pay the extra $150K and save the trade, which I make up for using that trade to get a rookie in. So for example I trade L.Anthony to a rookie who plays 2 good games in a row to make the $150K. So even if Ablett drops to say $560K in week 7 - I still think it's worth it as you have the benefit of Ablett for the 7 weeks, whereas people who wait until Ablett gets to $560K will have to trade for him to save the $150K, but with that trade you can make with the rookie upgrade/sideways trade.

Not sure if this is clear, but I can't be bothered reading my philospical, strategic mumbo jumbo advice...But I emphasise the cost you are paying is not $710K but the difference between that $710K to the alternative. :confused::confused: I think I just confused myself

That's kind of how I looked at it. If I didn't pick Ablett I would have got someone about $600k, so Ablett insurance only cost a tad over $100k. It also saves me a trade. A trade that might not have ever eventuated anyway (it didn't last year for me).

Me and my friend both have Dal Santo and Ablett. He went Dal Santo captain, I went Ablett captain.

We both definitely weren't complaining. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's kind of how I looked at it. If I didn't pick Ablett I would have got someone about $600k, so Ablett insurance only cost a tad over $100k. It also saves me a trade. A trade that might not have ever eventuated anyway (it didn't last year for me).

x 2 :thumbsu:

I reckon you just lock in the best player, don't get too cute about the strategy when it comes to Gary Ablett

There was certainly plenty of debate before the season began about Ablett being too expensive and many people opting for Bartel instead but i bet those that went for Bartel instead and chose him as captain would be spewing right now as those with Ablett as captain are already 126points ahead of anyone who didnt have him

First thing i done when picking my supercoach was to buy G.Ablett. The second thing I did whilst picking my supercoach was to lock him in as captain!

Someone had a nice first round. Will be extremely unlikely otto can keep it up at his age and with his history the other 2 are sure fire #1 & #2 players at end of year ranking barring injury!

Yeah I reckon your right, but fingers cross that between ottens and Hille they can have a great year. :)

Will probably downgrade Brent Harvey to someone like Krakouer and upgrade Kerr to Ablett after Round 2 is over I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back