17,000 Tickets Sold

Remove this Banner Ad

17,000 TICKETS SOLD

17mar06

* Ticket sales for the Adelaide-Geelong NAB Cup pre-season final at AAMI Stadium reached almost 17,000 by the close of business last night, the AFL said.

* Tickets will be available at the gate tomorrow.
* A total of 43,280 spectators watched the 2005 pre-season final between Carlton and West Coast at Telstra Dome. AAMI Stadium's capacity is about 52,000.

http://www.theadvertiser.news.com.au/footy/story_page/0,8747,18493984%255E25397,00.html

-----------------------------------------

Will this one get close to 30K?

catters05 said:
Will this one get close to 30K?
It'll be a stretch, depending on the weather.
I think it shows that the interest in the pre-season in SA is pretty ho-hum.
The only reason they got a good crowd last year is because Carlton supporters knew it was their only chance of winning something for a very long time .......

Geelong Fella said:
they would get probaly over 22,000 but as somone else said it would be at telstra dome if it was at night
Yeah, I know it would never be at Kardinia Park - just a hypothetical. If it was held there, you'd probably get just as big a crowd as at AAMI Stadium (and you'd probably get a bigger crowd if it was at Telstra Dome)

My theory for the low ticket sales:

The average punter is not interested in seeing a team that consistently chokes in grand finals, prelim finals, semi finals..................................

Bring-Back-Powell said:

The average punter is not interested in seeing a team that consistently chokes in grand finals, prelim finals, semi finals..................................
Nice try ... but I doubt it would matter who the Crows played (other than Port). People just don't rate the pre-season that highly. And why should they?

Bring-Back-Powell said:

There's a cheap shot if ever I've read one. I would like to know your definition of "choke". Fact: Geelong were underdogs in each of the four GF's they played in between 1989 and 1995. You should know a thing or two about going down to superior opposition in GF's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring-Back-Powell said:

If you going to troll.AT LEAST MAKE IT FUNNY YOU MUPPET

passthebottle said:
If you going to troll.AT LEAST MAKE IT FUNNY YOU MUPPET
Haha just stirring the pot a little.

By the way you'd have to agree that September 10th 2005 was a pretty funny night. There was some event slightly east of the Sydney CBD that was pretty humourous!!

Do you remember it :rolleyes:

Bring-Back-Powell said:

By the way you'd have to agree that September 10th 2005 was a pretty funny night. There was some event slightly east of the Sydney CBD that was pretty humourous!!

What were the Dees up to at that stage? Probably in their 4WDs on their way to Buller hoping to catch the end of the ski season. Do you remember?

Bring-Back-Powell said:

I preferred the game on 4th of September, 2005

Elimination Final
Geelong 18.8 (116) def Melbourne 9.7 (61) at the M.C.G. Crowd: 65,018

Bring-Back-Powell said:

Man, don't give up your day job, because comedian you will NEVER make! :eek:

JF :rolleyes:

kriso182 said:
I preferred the game on 4th of September, 2005

Elimination Final
Geelong 18.8 (116) def Melbourne 9.7 (61) at the M.C.G. Crowd: 65,018

That was a crack up Just ask Jeff White.

We should all listen the BBP as the Dees have such a great Finals record of late as well. Their 2 most recent GF's were unforgettalbe...record breaking in fact.

He should jsut concentrate on waxing his Skis for the winter months and not bother about the "lads" this season old chap.

Bring-Back-Powell said:

If only we had Stephen Powell we would have won DAMNIT!!!!

Maybe if Geelong win this week, a little respect might be headed towards their team and supporters. (Mostly full of 77 year old senile grannies, unemployed bums and supporters trying to look like Gary Ablett -u know the clown)

At the moment you are the laughing stock of the AFL due to that disgraceful fadeout in the Semi Final....and no it wasn't courageous, it was a joke!!

Bring-Back-Powell said:
Maybe if Geelong win this week, a little respect might be headed towards their team and supporters. (Mostly full of 77 year old senile grannies, unemployed bums and supporters trying to look like Gary Ablett -u know the clown)

At the moment you are the laughing stock of the AFL due to that disgraceful fadeout in the Semi Final....and no it wasn't courageous, it was a joke!!

No one is going around parading how courageous it was.

What does that make Melbourne if Geelong are the laughing stock?

Remove this Banner Ad

17,000 Tickets Sold

Remove this Banner Ad

Back