Retired #17: Adam Cooney - Announces retirement and has cleaned out locker

Remove this Banner Ad

I was OK with us picking him up but he'd be doing us a massive favour if he pulled the pin now. Zero chance of it happening without a payout though (and I don't hold this against him - be crazy to walk away from the $).

a.gif

I was OK with us picking him up but he'd be doing us a massive favour if he pulled the pin now. Zero chance of it happening without a payout though (and I don't hold this against him - be crazy to walk away from the $).

As we aren't going to win a flag while Cooney is on the list. Can we still delist him if we just pay him out? Think we need to use as many picks as we can on youngsters rather then veterans on the sidelines. Pitty we didn't just use the Cooney pick on a youngster :(

As we aren't going to win a flag while Cooney is on the list. Can we still delist him if we just pay him out? Think we need to use as many picks as we can on youngsters rather then veterans on the sidelines. Pitty we didn't just use the Cooney pick on a youngster :(

I think so, but it would look pretty bad.

I think so, but it would look pretty bad.
Plus the payout would be included in next seasons salary cap, would it not?

Was playing well before he got injured after a couple of ordinary games. Talk of delisting him is just rubbish. Will not happen. Needs to lift but he can. The issue is he is getting injuries again. Thought he was having a real go at turning his form around in the first quarter and a half.

Was playing well before he got injured after a couple of ordinary games. Talk of delisting him is just rubbish. Will not happen. Needs to lift but he can. The issue is he is getting injuries again. Thought he was having a real go at turning his form around in the first quarter and a half.
Obviously Cooney is important if he can get some good form and stay injury free but the problem is that he is getting injured all the time. Obviously we need the right balance of youth and experience. Chappy, Fletcher and Winders will probably retire but unless Cooney is fully fit I would prefer to see Fantasia or one of the youngsters in the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, Cooney would still have a strong work ethic, it's just that his body is failing him. It's sad to see. Bloody good bump though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #17: Adam Cooney - Announces retirement and has cleaned out locker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back