Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Jake was back to his best.

In post match interview, comes across as a modest, deep thinking sort of guy. He may have got weighed down by the ASADA crap.

With the rightful Not Guilty result, now we may see the real Melksham again.
Yeah, he was surprisingly (to me) very well spoken.

Possibly the strangest set of skills in the AFL.
Very hard to compare him to anyone.

As obvious as it is to say so much of it has to do with consistency.

If Melksham is settled again, there will be days he looks like the best kick in the game.

I'd still be trying to make a point of having him on the end of as many of our forward 50 entries as possible.

Plenty more of the same please.

That was an AFL standard player influencing a game. He'd be best 22 week in week out playing like that.

If he consistently did that, he'd be in the top 10 players every game.
I just want him to do what he did to Geelong, so badly.

Just picked him up as a free agent in Ultimate footy. What sort of numbers do you guys realistically expect from him? If he averages 21+ and kicks 15+ goals he will be a steal for me. Cheers

Just picked him up as a free agent in Ultimate footy. What sort of numbers do you guys realistically expect from him? If he averages 21+ and kicks 15+ goals he will be a steal for me. Cheers

He said in his post match interview that he spent the pre-season running with Heppell and Zaharakis.

He ran with Hannebery on Saturday so it's safe to assume that he'll being doing that most of the year (it seems to bring the best out of him). It probably limits his overall output to the low 20s because his focus will be split on an opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was it Melksham who did that crazy tackle on Hannebery?

When is our first Saturday night game? As I really need Luke Darcy to tell me again how Jake can handle himself with the gloves on.
Tanked vs Freo.

Hirdy seems to get the best out of him. hopefully that he can regain his 2013 form. will be pissed off if he gets an armchair ride through every game though if he's form is down.

This is his year. I love his attack on the ball and his footy brain is functioning a hell of a lot better.
It's all coming together now hehe *twists moustache*

Another great game - D/E was only 56.6%, but it looks like we're using him to kick it deep into the forward 50, so naturally that's going to skew his numbers in the negative.

I don't recall Jakey putting on two such good performances in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #17: Jake Melksham - Traded to Melbourne for pick 25

Remove this Banner Ad

Back