Past #17: Jasper Pittard - delisted after 33 NM games/5 NM goals - thanks Jasper

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Shaw wants to build this team from the back line up and the back line needed upgrading. Probably using the Sydney Swans model, very good one-on-one defenders who are skilled enough to rebound too.

Getting Corr in and I think Hayden is his special project back there. We might already have the pieces with Tarrant, McDonald, Corr, McKay, Hayden & Perez.

This is the one that hurts me most, on balance and notwithstanding the epic Majak journey. Was really hoping we could keep Jasper and I'm not convinced it's the right move.

At the end of the day, you can't have players in the backline who turn the ball over regulary, so Jasper and Marley were always in the gun on that basis. It's possibly what tipped the balance against JMac, too.

At the end of the day, you can't have players in the backline who turn the ball over regulary, so Jasper and Marley were always in the gun on that basis. It's possibly what tipped the balance against JMac, too.

Yep. I think that's exactly the thought pattern.

I feel for Jasper but unlike your Garner example he did himself no favours in a critical year.

Timing no doubt against him.

Definitely could have turned it around.

He seemed really happy at North prior to flying to the hub, so it’s a bit unlucky really.

Can’t deny there were some silly brain fades that happened in games like against Sydney and Carlton (from memory), but I still thought he warranted another season.

I guess it shows we’re taking a hardline approach here.

Anyway, good luck with what’s in store next, Jasper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even amongst the delisted players he's the forgotten man.

Got to feel for him. Videos over the summer were how revived he felt after his 2019 season and how he's fallen in love with the club and how much it suits him.

Said everything right coming off a very decent season and got voted into the leadership group.

Think he'd have been as confident as anyone circa March of his North Melbourne career continuing into 2021 and beyond.

The fact it ended with late year omission never to return would've been complete shock.

Hope he's ok, looked a subdued version of himself in a lot of the later clips and gameday footage.

As an aside - this again backs up my point on voted leadership groups. I like the coach appointed model - Pagan-Carey etc.

Without the safety of Brad to protect them anymore, you had multiple leadership group members this year not playing and out of sync with the coaches direction. A coaching panel appointed group, maybe with some weighting from player votes would better imo. You want the onfield leaders directly matching the coaching panels direction.

Even amongst the delisted players he's the forgotten man.

Got to feel for him. Videos over the summer were how revived he felt after his 2019 season and how he's fallen in love with the club and how much it suits him.

Said everything right coming off a very decent season and got voted into the leadership group.

Think he'd have been as confident as anyone circa March of his North Melbourne career continuing into 2021 and beyond.

The fact it ended with late year omission never to return would've been complete shock.

Hope he's ok, looked a subdued version of himself in a lot of the later clips and gameday footage.

As an aside - this again backs up my point on voted leadership groups. I like the coach appointed model - Pagan-Carey etc.

Without the safety of Brad to protect them anymore, you had multiple leadership group members this year not playing and out of sync with the coaches direction. A coaching panel appointed group, maybe with some weighting from player votes would better imo. You want the onfield leaders directly matching the coaching panels direction.

Really? Huh. And here I was thinking this Nmfc BF Board had input into the Captain. There you go..

he don't fit with the policy of being a good disposer of the ball. That's pretty much why he's gone.

So, in the wash up, the same reason that Port Adelaide threw him in to a trade as an afterthought?

I guess the fact that he wasn't against coming to North Melbourne made him an attractive proposition for Brad and Cam.

he don't fit with the policy of being a good disposer of the ball. That's pretty much why he's gone.
Pretty much.

I'd file him as collateral damage & in a regular year he probably gets a lifeline.

No sentiments with the new boys calling the shots though and given the soft underbelly we've allowed to develop over the last 10 yrs, I'm glad for some ruthless ambition to be be the best. Finally.

Who we looking at NN?

mate NFI, the hub has stopped all communication that I received .
The elite ball users or elite attributes decision was pre covid. I doubt I'll hear much other than some players feelings towards the massive list changes. I've never really got much info on player changes although I was privy to Walker joining us.
I hear more about the inner workings of the team , plans, internal thoughts on players etc.

we I know want footballers that can run and have solid skills, that's very simple I suppose, but fits in with the delistings

So, in the wash up, the same reason that Port Adelaide threw him in to a trade as an afterthought?

I guess the fact that he wasn't against coming to North Melbourne made him an attractive proposition for Brad and Cam.

No disrespect but unfortunately you're probably right.

We took him out for dinner and a show because he didn't say no.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back