Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

What if he doesn't get along with his sister?
Freo might have set this all up.

They are close. She does some sort of environmental show on YouTube which Alex appears on... Also she is very attractive, no idea what that has to do with anything but still worth noting

5 year deal to be announced in 3-4 weeks, Rance will be a Tiger for life

Its just how we do things these days

See my avatar? If you're playing with my heart, he will come for you.

They are close. She does some sort of environmental show on YouTube which Alex appears on... Also she is very attractive, no idea what that has to do with anything but still worth noting
Link

Id think Freo would be mad if they didnt go hard at him. Seems the type of player that Ross Lyon would like and they will need a player like him when Mcpharlin leaves end of this year and Dawson comes to the end of his tenure. I think it will be hard getting Rance to move he seems really well regarded by all at Richmond and seems really well liked by all his peers, will be one of the leaders down there.

If there was one player i'd be genuinely upset if he left the tiges, it would be Rancey. So important to our team both as a player and as a figure around the group. Easily the most important list management duty is to get this man to re-sign. Seems to love the club and his family is now in Melbourne so fingers crossed!

If there was one player i'd be genuinely upset if he left the tiges, it would be Rancey. So important to our team both as a player and as a figure around the group. Easily the most important list management duty is to get this man to re-sign. Seems to love the club and his family is now in Melbourne so fingers crossed!
Severely hope both Rance and Martin are signed up before the first bounce.

He can delay talks all he wants but the reality is that what ever he gets offered by another club we'll have the oppertunity to match it becuase he's a restricted free agent.
I don't know why people keeping hanging on to this reason as to why they can't lose their players. Yes, it is true you can match the offer but Rance then has the chance to ask for a trade. The idea behind that being that the original club will match an offer and trade that player to ensure they get fairly compensated for the loss of that player. This line of thinking is called a sign-and-trade in American sports. We're not quite at that point just yet because the AFL still gives compensation for clubs who lose FAs but it will eventually get removed. Anyway, if you were running the club and the player had just submitted paperwork to leave the club then there isn't much point in attempting to force a player to stay when he wants to leave. By that point you do what is best for your club and over the last few years that has meant not matching an offer because the AFL compo is adequate in most cases.

His family live here and are quite settled , they enjoy melbourne he will stay. fingers crossed
Starting to sound a bit like Collingwood fans last year in regards to Beams. They talked of his mother and sister living in Melbourne and how much he loved the culture but look what happened. Truth is no one knows whether Rance is seriously considering a move from tigerland but delaying contract talks isn't a good way to start the year.

Starting to sound a bit like Collingwood fans last year in regards to Beams. They talked of his mother and sister living in Melbourne and how much he loved the culture but look what happened. Truth is no one knows whether Rance is seriously considering a move from tigerland but delaying contract talks isn't a good way to start the year.
Bet you Rance knows. ;)

As I said in the Free Agents thread, Rance is IMO the most important free agent that we need to target. I am pleased to read this morning that he is likely to sign a 3-4 year deal early in the season and usually when this information makes the media it proves to be pretty much correct when it comes to our players.

linkage?

Severely hope both Rance and Martin are signed up before the first bounce.
Saw Dusty with Ralph Carr on Monday (Carr's office is 100m from my house) - if that means anything. Carr's probably filling dusty with all kind of crap advise while attempting his agenda of holding us to ransom again. My concern is, even a fool like Carr may have a chance of pulling off a heist given some of Dusty's efforts of last year.

....anyway probably belongs in a different thread but thought i'd share what i saw.

To point out one obvious difference, Rance's father doesn't live in WA with a serious illness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just imo fwiw

He will stay, but it will be for serious coin

The guy is an AA grade backman, who will be strongly chanced by both freo and wce

Imo he will be looking at a minimum of $500k-600k to move, but it may nudge higher depending upon the aggressive bidding for him

That said, he's worth it

Didn't Cotch hold off on his contract a few years back and just wanted to focus on the season? I think Rance might be following that path and jst wanting to focus on pre-season at the moment instead of doing all the contract stuff. Who knows though? Few posters have said his family all moved to Melbourne, so it would suggest he is sticking around.

I don't know why people keeping hanging on to this reason as to why they can't lose their players. Yes, it is true you can match the offer but Rance then has the chance to ask for a trade. The idea behind that being that the original club will match an offer and trade that player to ensure they get fairly compensated for the loss of that player. This line of thinking is called a sign-and-trade in American sports. We're not quite at that point just yet because the AFL still gives compensation for clubs who lose FAs but it will eventually get removed. Anyway, if you were running the club and the player had just submitted paperwork to leave the club then there isn't much point in attempting to force a player to stay when he wants to leave. By that point you do what is best for your club and over the last few years that has meant not matching an offer because the AFL compo is adequate in most cases.

That is fair, but remember the author states he has delayed talks, however do we know this as fact? If so we don't know then 'it isn't a good way to start the year'.

Saw Dusty with Ralph Carr on Monday (Carr's office is 100m from my house) - if that means anything. Carr's probably filling dusty with all kind of crap advise while attempting his agenda of holding us to ransom again. My concern is, even a fool like Carr may have a chance of pulling off a heist given some of Dusty's efforts of last year.

....anyway probably belongs in a different thread but thought i'd share what i saw.
Cheers mate.

Just imo fwiw

He will stay, but it will be for serious coin

The guy is an AA grade backman, who will be strongly chanced by both freo and wce

Imo he will be looking at a minimum of $500k-600k to move, but it may nudge higher depending upon the aggressive bidding for him

That said, he's worth it
He deserves the 500k odd contract imo. You always stay for less.

I say this because i have spoken to a friend of the family.

every day that passes without Rance signing is a worry a real worry.

He is the best player in the league for his position and is irreplaceable.

We paid gasper 600k a year 15 years ago. Scary to think what Rance is worth as he is twice as good as Gasper ever was.

Not looking good at the moment

Ryan O'keefe requested a trade from Sydney and the end of the 2008 season but the Swans refused to and he ended up playing on with the Swans for six years and winning a flag in the process.

Rance is not miserable at Richmond. His entire immediate family has moved to Melbourne. Elite, young CHB are extremely rare in this league and it would be against the best interests of the club to let him leave if we have the ability to keep him. (On the same money offered and in the same state his family live)

every day that passes without Rance signing is a worry a real worry.

He is the best player in the league for his position and is irreplaceable.

We paid gasper 600k a year 15 years ago. Scary to think what Rance is worth as he is twice as good as Gasper ever was.

Not looking good at the moment
Geez we are no where near this panic just yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back