Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't on the show.. just had an 'interview' with him outside the club while he arrived on his scooter..
asked what was going on .. said it was between the club, himself and his manager..
asked if there's a timeline.. he said they will work through it..
asked if he will be at Richmond next year.. and he didn't answer just walked inside..

Oh, right.
Bit anti-climatic.
I don't know how I feel about this now.
Was confident he'd stay.
Now I just don't know.

Wasn't on the show.. just had an 'interview' with him outside the club while he arrived on his scooter..
asked what was going on .. said it was between the club, himself and his manager..
asked if there's a timeline.. he said they will work through it..
asked if he will be at Richmond next year.. and he didn't answer just walked inside..
He's gone I reckon .... No doubt in my mind

Oh, right.
Bit anti-climatic.
I don't know how I feel about this now.
Was confident he'd stay.
Now I just don't know.
He's gone I reckon .... No doubt in my mind
Very anti-climatic..

Same feeling.. think he won't sign on.. sad for the club but good luck to him.. footy is only a game after all

I was fairly confident that all this bs we've been hearing was exactly that.
but the silence coming directly from him. damn

i'm just hoping he's keeping it out of the media, and what he mentioned at brandos buddies was his real thoughts

A straight bat to negotiations or alternately you can give an affirmation you'd like to stay like buddy, daisy and scully did and see how that ends up :confused:
He can't win either way really in the end hey?

Saying that I'm starting to worry about it when I wasn't worried at all previously. Such a Richmond thing to happen as well, nurse him into a lite player and then retires early.

Just curious.. IF and only IF he has told the club we wants to quit... would you continue to play him.. or prepare for life after Rance?

I'd be giving Elton games.
It's clear as day that we won't win the flag this season, so why not try and promote some youth and see how they stack up at AFL level.
What I hope doesn't happen is that he 'retires', then pulls a Mitch Clarke.
If it is true that he wants a year off from the game, could we still re-sign him for say 4 years, and give him next season off? To do whatever it is he has to do?
It's an interesting one.

He can't win either way really in the end hey?

Saying that I'm starting to worry about it when I wasn't worried at all previously. Such a Richmond thing to happen as well, nurse him into a lite player and then retires early.

Not particularly worried to be honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or he is getting sick of getting hassled about it as he arrives at training, just the media continuing with their tiger obsession and wanting a star player to walk out, they made it painfully obvious in their delight that dusty was nearly on the move.
If he leaves he leaves, just hope he realises that leaving doesn't mean instant success, just ask Floggard.

My reckoning is that if he signs on it will be at the bye weekend, if he hasn't signed by then then start getting concerned, on the plus side we'll have some cash to throw at someone else.

I was under the impression he'd make an appearance on the show, but it appears they just ran a segment on him, including some journo harassing him at punt road.
He answered all questions asked, then the last one came "do you want to be at Richmond next year", he didn't respond and walked inside

not liking that
Was it the man child Mitch Cleary

I was fairly confident that all this bs we've been hearing was exactly that.
but the silence coming directly from him. damn

i'm just hoping he's keeping it out of the media, and what he mentioned at brandos buddies was his real thoughts
What did he say at brandon buddies

I'd be giving Elton games.
It's clear as day that we won't win the flag this season, so why not try and promote some youth and see how they stack up at AFL level.
What I hope doesn't happen is that he 'retires', then pulls a Mitch Clarke.
If it is true that he wants a year off from the game, could we still re-sign him for say 4 years, and give him next season off? To do whatever it is he has to do?
It's an interesting one.
so just leave rance out to rot in the twos? great look that is, we play our best team to win every game, you dont just gift people games now.

so just leave rance out to rot in the twos? great look that is, we play our best team to win every game, you dont just gift people games now.

He wouldn't be 'rotting' if he doesn't plan on continuing his AFL career.
I'm just saying that if he does intend to retire, we need to look at life after Rance.
I still think he will stay.

He wouldn't be 'rotting' if he doesn't plan on continuing his AFL career.
I'm just saying that if he does intend to retire, we need to look at life after Rance.
I still think he will stay.
you still need to play him, he is our best player atm and our defence will be absolute shit without him, we need to actually try and make the 8 and win a final at least this season, as we have seen with the roos last year you can make it deep into September without being in top 4. round 5 isnt the time to say rance you are playing in the twos from now, it would just look horrible by the club, if it was say, round 18 , no chance of finals that would be understandable.

i hope your right on rance, the fact he didnt answer that last question really made me think that he actually might leave. it is his choice after all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #18: Alex Rance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back