Player Watch #18 Jacob Konstanty

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently on the radar of other clubs with no contract offered (according to an article I read this morning that I can't now remember the source of - article also mentioned Connor Stone at GWS, another top 20 pick that isn't getting a game in the firsts). Think they were quoting Cal Twomey FWIW.

Another round 1 bust I imagine.

Apparently on the radar of other clubs with no contract offered (according to an article I read this morning that I can't now remember the source of - article also mentioned Connor Stone at GWS, another top 20 pick that isn't getting a game in the firsts). Think they were quoting Cal Twomey FWIW.

Another round 1 bust I imagine.
Won't be in Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In recent seasons, small forward has been an important role for the top sides. I was happy with the pick. So we would have cover if Wicks and Papley were unavailable.

I would rather have Konstanty as sub instead of Cleary. Just give him a quarter to see what he can do.

Last edited:
Josh Weddle goes pretty well 🤪
To be fair, with what we got from that trade was used to facilitate the offseason we had last year. So if Weddle becomes a great player but we're able to win a flag with the likes of Grundy, Adams etc, then it'll be an interesting trade to look back upon.

If he'd had a chance, he would have debuted by now, even as a sub. He's been named emergency once.
Yep. Appears never to have settled at the club. Contrast with Hanily's entry. Fitted in straight up. Papley. Mitchell. Guys who pushed themselves forward as best they could. His performance has not matched his draft year. Not a happy camper.

Sucks to see a pick 20 down the drain but hope we can get a third or something for him because a list spot is more valuable at this point in time when he is behind probably 3 guys at this point for the small forward role

Not enough credit is being given to this young man !

He alone single handedly could be responsible for us winning the flag this year.

If not for his Elite arm wrestling prowess, we would never have uncovered the best midfield in the comp.
If Assistant coaches get a premier medal then the midfield coach should give it to Konstanty for doing the work for him

Conspiracy theory based on nothing...

I wonder if there is an attitude problem and that the famous wrestle was because there was alcohol involved and Mills had already had enough of him...

Conspiracy theory based on nothing...

I wonder if there is an attitude problem and that the famous wrestle was because there was alcohol involved and Mills had already had enough of him...
I think that reflects worse on Mills. As a club captain, I feel you need to control your emotions when dealing with people.

I had assumed it was just bad luck. I am sure players get themselves into more dangerous situations in the off season and remained unharmed. But then hurt themselves jumping over a chain fence or throwing a football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back