NFL (19/20) Super Bowl LIV: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

Game Predictions...(1 vote per category, 7 votes total)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Very soft on Kittle.

Good game nice and close.

San Fran have a real problem as The Gunslinger looks to the difference between the two teams.

Hopefully the 9ers run it a bit more and the chiefs pass it deeper in the second half.

San Fran’s D been out there a lot on the first half, they may tire more as the game go on and that would be an opportunity for Mahomes.

Been an enjoyable half of footy to watch.

tenor.gif

I was going to ask if you were ok!

At 10-10 would be an utterly dumb play. Turnover could easily be a touchdown the other way.

I mean I figured that it was the case of preventing an opportunity for a KC pick 6, but it just seems to me that there would be a much greater chance of a San Fran receiver plucking a catch in a pack situation than there would be for a KC player to intercept and then run the length of the field without being tackled. Obviously I'm wrong though, haha.

As someone who doesn't understand the intricacies of the sport, can someone please explain to me why the Niners took a knee with 5 seconds left on the clock, instead of just heaving a hail mary into the endzone. Sure the chance of it coming off are extremely low, but the chance of it being intercepted and returned for a TD would be even lower (wouldn't it?), so it'd be worth a shot, no?
more risk than reward given the field position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone who doesn't understand the intricacies of the sport, can someone please explain to me why the Niners took a knee with 5 seconds left on the clock, instead of just heaving a hail mary into the endzone. Sure the chance of it coming off are extremely low, but the chance of it being intercepted and returned for a TD would be even lower (wouldn't it?), so it'd be worth a shot, no?
Two reasons:
1) NFL Head Coaches are inherently conservative, and even if they are getting better at being more conservative, I wouldn't think any of them would take that risk given the field position
2) There are other downsides just besides an interception, namely a the QB being sacked, fumbling the ball and having it returned for a TD, plus the risk of injury considering the defense could just tee off on the QB knowing that he has to hold the ball for a (comparatively) long time to allow the receivers to get into the end zone.

Also the 9ers aren't that much of a throwing team

Two reasons:
1) NFL Head Coaches are inherently conservative, and even if they are getting better at being more conservative, I wouldn't think any of them would take that risk
2) There are other downsides just besides an interception, namely a the QB being sacked, fumbling the ball and having it returned for a TD, plus the risk of injury considering the defense could just tee off on the QB knowing that he has to hold the ball for a (comparatively) long time to allow the receivers to get into the end zone.

Also the 9ers aren't that much of a throwing team

Cheers, that actually all makes a lot of sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL (19/20) Super Bowl LIV: Kansas City Chiefs vs San Francisco 49ers

Back