Delisted #19: Kobe Mutch - Not offered a contract for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Not even close. Ham is younger and better.
Ham has some ok skills but his body needs at least 2-3 more years of investment/development at the minimum to be AFL size, and even then, he'd still always be light framed with t-rex arms. We don't have a shortage of them.

I don't get the affinity with Ham, what is it?
Well, he isn't consistently injured, he's a better kick, he finds the ball more, he has actual pace. Like he is literally the first player cut.

Except being able to find the pill a bit, he has no AFL attributes and even then he doesn’t find it in any useful position. What is his position? General midfielder that doesn’t win it well or use it creatively? No one needs that player at AFL level. Farewell game maybe this week.

Except being able to find the pill a bit, he has no AFL attributes and even then his doesn’t find it in any useful position. What is his position? General midfielder that doesn’t win it well or use it creatively? No one needs that player at AFL level. Farewell game maybe this week.

we could/should be playing a fair few of them this week

Except being able to find the pill a bit, he has no AFL attributes and even then he doesn’t find it in any useful position. What is his position? General midfielder that doesn’t win it well or use it creatively? No one needs that player at AFL level. Farewell game maybe this week.

He is an elite endurance runner, can find the ball at ease.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on mate, Essendon are the kings of holding players for longer than they are needed
You're the one advocating we keep him.

Its easy to see why he is more than likely going to be delisted, I'm suggesting he offers a bit more than what he is credited for

I think he offers less than he’s been credited for. We need to get back to being simplistic. Break football down into ability to win the ball in the contest, use it proactively, consistently get to contests quickly to out number and defend the ground. I’d don’t think he offers anything of note for any of those categories.

Jeez those numbers don't look good for Kobe, or any player for that matter.

I really feel for him because he was developing quite nicely before he basically got struck by an avalanche of consecutive unrelated injuries much like Laverde has been.

In his first couple of games he had it 20 odd times and looked the part, but for me he’s the first one on the block just by sheer lack of an outstanding attribute. At least with Begley you see a fridge that can run and kick ball busters and with Gown you see a key forward with a bit of agility and toe.

I really feel for him because he was developing quite nicely before he basically got struck by an avalanche of consecutive unrelated injuries much like Laverde has been.

In his first couple of games he had it 20 odd times and looked the part, but for me he’s the first one on the block just by sheer lack of an outstanding attribute. At least with Begley you see a fridge that can run and kick ball busters and with Gown you see a key forward with a bit of agility and toe.
He definitely had something about him early days, remember him copping a couple of big hits and getting back up like it was nothing. But there's just not really a case to keep him going forward. Unlucky to an extent but that's professional football I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back