Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

This piece of writing is worth the share, as I burn through my NYTimes 10 shares.
A nonlinea digressive style of conversation that loops around two stories to illustrate a third topic, illustrative of the strata that constructs thoughts/feelings/positioning.

I’m going through a bit of a retrospective with The Cure at the moment. I’ve seen them live twice, once in 1980 at a pub gig at Her Majesty’s Hotel in Toorak Rd and once in 1984 at The Palais. Did a road trip on the weekend and they were on high rotation in the car. Here’s the playlist from the second show. It was a great show, capturing them perfectly a moment of transition as a band.

This piece of writing is worth the share, as I burn through my NYTimes 10 shares.
A nonlinea digressive style of conversation that loops around two stories to illustrate a third topic, illustrative of the strata that constructs thoughts/feelings/positioning.

Great read. ☝️

The Wages of Fear (Le Salaire de la Peur) is available on Kanopy, which is free, reputable and reliable. All you need is a library membership to join.

Been enjoying Diane Morgan’s Philomena Cunk these holidays. The series ‘Cunk on Earth’ (2022) is on Netflix.

Very funny.

Been enjoying Diane Morgan’s Philomena Cunk these holidays. The series ‘Cunk on Earth’ (2022) is on Netflix.

Very funny.

Isn't she great? Some fabulous comic timing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I may have mentioned this before, but Mrs m is a professional henna artist and has been so for almost twenty years. Through her skill she's been invited to really great places and worked with some pretty amazing people, and due to my ability to fetch, carry and be eye candy I've come along for the ride.

Over the past twelve months she's gained a lot of work through Aboriginal Family Support Services and we've been blessed by meeting so many wonderful people who tirelessly strive to help and assist people who have constantly been marginalised and those, who through no fault of their own, suffer from the bad choices of others.

Today we were at a NAIDOC event in the north of Adelaide. To be exact this was the electorate when the votes in the referendum were counted where only 23% voted yes. On one of the walls of the recreation centre where the function was held, was every poster for every NAIDOC week dating back to the first one in 1974 and one even predating that from the tent embassy in 1972.

And it's just so sad. Here's our first nations people begging for acceptance, craving the same rights and respect that I take for granted. 50 years of posters asking pretty much the same thing and I'm not sure that there's been enough progress made for the establishment to pat themselves on the back in congratulations.

I was truly embarrassed by the result of the referendum. But my embarrassment pales in comparison to how these people feel who have been let down in such a fashion that white Australia does not want to recognise them in the constitution. Both Mrs m and myself are committed to do the best we can in regards to the First Nations people that we know and those we haven't yet met.

Ok. I've shown my colours. I'd like to think I've done it in a safe space. It's a wild world outside of the RZSS. I suppose I just needed to vent.

See ya's tomorrow.

It's official Macron is a fool with a box of matches, the egotist he returns for his hat.

He is an absolute fool. Another egotist, like Biden, who is prepared to ruin his country, rather than put an end to his personal vanity project.

Last edited:
It's official Macron is a fool with a box of matches, the egotist he returns for his hat.

Incredible.

Macron appears to have no knowledge of his own country's history of political protest. And a misguided faith in his ability to control the situation.

Isn't life fun?

Another day, another audition. Everything is great, you've done a good job, then you get home and the dishes still need to be done and dinner has to be cooked.

First world problems, eh?

See ya's tomorrow.

Isn't life fun?

Another day, another audition. Everything is great, you've done a good job, then you get home and the dishes still need to be done and dinner has to be cooked.

First world problems, eh?

See ya's tomorrow.
Hungry ghosts; tired person comes home after putting themselves out there and without immediate gratification of self, projects disatisfaction onto (insert issue here). Tired person has sleep, wakes up next day, makes choice(s). Are they amazed that they even woke up. Did they wake up.

Last edited:
Vale Shelley Duvall;

Hungry ghosts; tired person comes home after putting themselves out there and without immediate gratification of self, projects disatisfaction onto (insert issue here). Tired person has sleep, wakes up next day, makes choice(s). Are they amazed that they even woke up. Did they wake up.

The Harptones track posits an interesting philosophical theory, before descending into schmaltz.

Lifestyle "1983 Redux Zeitgeist Surf School"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back